My Photography: Pale pink mood

July 13, 2013


When you walk into our home,
little pale pink touches don't
jump out at you; they whisper.
The Laduree box with macarons is
from my sis, brought home recently from Paris,
and pink stripey straws...I mean. 


You are probably so tired of seeing
the quiet European pink of 'dead'
pointe shoes on this blog, but I
could view images of them all day.


Some new threads for me!
The larger spools were purchased
at Fanciful Designs, and the littles
are from Fahrenheit Vintage,
(a wondrous shop offering excellent
customer service on etsy) offering
silk thread, lace, ribbon, and more lovely.




I plan to use the vintage pink Belding Corticelli
pure silk twist for creating jewelry/art pieces.
Find similar silk thread at Fahrenheit Vintage here.

 Sugar and Spice Washi Tape Trio

I love my pale pink striped kitty
hanging out with these pink washi tapes
from Le Paper Cafe on etsy: offering
washi, packing, and decor tapes.


How much do we like the sound of
'little paperlings?'
Brilliant.


So feminine and fabulous.


Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)

I could not resist this pale pink
book of love poems from bhldn
or the empty egg I picked up
on the beach the other day in La Jolla.


Did I tell you I took a little trip to
San Diego just 10 days after my
surgery and reconstruction?
This was maybe my favorite place
we visited...Old Point Loma lighthouse.

Wearing pale pink.

I loved watching the seals sunbathe at La Jolla.



Back to pink!


These are the scents my husband and I
bought in Paris at Diptyque.
Yes, yes, you can buy them at Nordstrom
online, but we loved finding them at the
original Diptyque on Saint Germain.


I would love to discover the source of the pale
blush pink tissue Bhldn uses and make
giant pom poms in this gorgeous hue.
Have your people call my people (that's moi)
if you happen to know.


And I could continue to post more pink,
but this is where we must part because
I am still a bit fragile as the healing
continues and I build up strength again.
* * *
Any pink objects above capture your heart?

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. They are all so pretty - and so are you, love the pic of you. Take care sweetie! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this pinkness....makes me want to get my Barbie out and put her in a beautiful pink ball gown:). Really who doesn't love the beautiful shades of pink......

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 days out and you are soooo beautiful in pink.
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink and the paler the better. These pictures are dreamy..I could see them in a book Michele. You look so good on the beach, and how fantastic that you were able to travel just 10 days later..that speaks to the fight and positive energy that you have..good for you! Hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday and that you on the mend.
    Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're "feeling in the pink" soon!! franki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.. pale pink is do soft and feminine. So glad you had some time at the beach in San Diego. Wonderful spot! The book of poems, the little kitty, your pale pink tee:) Love it all. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never enough of this beautiful hue!!Always lovely My sweet Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blush pink but it sure is difficult to find fabrics in that hue. I gave up when redoing my formal living room wanted that shade in pillow fabrics even went to the designer only textile showrooms. If anyone knows of blush pink solid fabrics email me please.
    I hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele-
    So happy that you were able to take your trip. You have done so well.
    I love pale pink, and I am dying over the thread.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of it, but definitely the pink tissue paper! Was thinking about you today and wondering how you're really truly doing...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft pink is one of my all time favorite shades. Just a blush, not a shout. I've got some paint tubes stored in a Ladurée box about that same color - and my toes are just a shade darker than those ballet slippers. Such a soothing, restful color. I'm so glad you got to recuperate in lovely San Diego - beauty is good for the soul. Hang in there, friend. Things take time. Sending warm pink thoughts your way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a pink gal too. And these are such beautiful photos but the best one is you on the beach. That's how you looked ten days after surgery? Amazing. And there's nothing more healing for your spirit than being next to the sounds of the ocean...I'm so glad you went to San Diego.
    xo
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! Especially the pic of you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!