Books: Art Before Breakfast {Danny Gregory}

February 09, 2015


Danny Gregory

I paint conceptual art occasionally
but am hopeless at drawing.
How about you?

Like to draw and paint
but cannot find the time?



Artist Danny Gregory says WE CAN, and I believe him.

dog-flavors-background-

Danny Gregory

Why?
Because in his new book,
this quirky creative genius
breaks the process down into
5-10 minute exercises for every skill level.

Here's a taste of the magic:




Danny Gregory expresses his story like this:
I spent most of my life not believing I had the right to consider myself an artist in any way. But then I started drawing about fifteen years ago and it changed my life. It led me to travel, to meet people, to get books published, but most of all it transformed the way I see the world around me and how I experience every day.

promo-frame




Art Before Breakfast: A Zillion Ways to be More Creative No Matter How Busy You Are
(Chronicle, 2015)
is the best source for creative busy people
I have ever come across and is available
for preorder (releases Feb. 17th).

I recommend it highly!




Here are my picks for beautiful design books to inspire.


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Fascinating, and what a great idea for a book. Love the title too and love that he thinks anyone can do it...it's that "can do" attitude that I think we need to try to instill in ourselves before we say we aren't good at something. Enjoy your day Michele:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so user friendly, and he makes it so much fun. plus it does not an involve an eliptical machine. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute video! What an interesting way to approach art instruction. I think many of us would like to be artistic (singing, drawing, painting, playing an instrument) but feel we aren't capable or not naturally inclined to do so (I am speaking to myself here;). Thanks for the introduction Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo an artist in every way...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooo an artist in every way...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!