Decor Inspiration: Caldwell Flake: 6 Lovely Tips

June 14, 2011


Mother-daughter design firm
are known for
balancing the classical
with an unexpected edge.



Introduced to the work of designers
Mary Ruth Caldwell
and Lisa Flake
by House of Turquoise last summer,
I became enamored with Caldwell Flake's portfolio
and their philosophy which encompasses (among others)
what I might term 6 guiding principles
for creating lovely in a client's home.



1.
Give the home a voice.



2.
Unearth the home's hidden talents.



3.
Compose visual anecdotes
(that are classic, curious, and charming).



4.
Seek out the home's true character.



The symmetry here just grabs me,
and the vibe reminds me of my sweet
friend Monika of Splendid Willow
who generously mentioned me and
hello lovely's giveaway right here.
Spoiled by lovely blogmates, I am!



5.
Capture the essence of the
people who live there.




6.
Set the stage for daily acts of life to unfold.




The work of Caldwell Flake
truly reflects the power of
such guiding principles
when they join forces
with experience
and
endless creativity.



Do you have a favorite image
from CF's portfolio shots here?

p.s.
Oh the bittersweetness that
the creative process can never be
simplified to just 6 steps!

Peace to you right where you are.


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. These room are all gorgeous. There are elements in each and every one that I like. Too hard to choose. But that dining room with the light flooding in is pretty awesome.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful... but the white bathroom with the yellow wallpaper is STUNNING! I adore it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what a call of "Pure beauty". It's amazing how some people really know how to choose beautiful elements that compliments each other.

    Fabulous post, M!

    I'd loge to be able to visit you and trust me, I need some days off! But I can't travel any time soon, since we're planning to do so many things after my son is done with school. This summer will be a busy and expensive one. We need to get things ready for the baby and still trying to sell this house. Is the party really happening? i thought you were joking!!! :-)

    Love to you.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all Michele, that bathroom is TDF and the room with the dark grey walls yumm, I also love room #6. I'm just drooling over them all. Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous rooms!! Oh that first room would be like sitting on top of a cloud, how peaceful and so beautiful! I love the ceiling in the photo with the ram head too, the white and gray are so calming.
    Thank you for sharing. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful rooms. Thanks so much for visiting my laundry room! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely lovely!! Wholeheartedly agree with the 6 steps. Hmm, struggling to pick a favourite, I think I'll go with the kitchen-diner. But they're all beautiful!

    Hope you're having a lovely week, darling. I'm still snowed under, but sneaked in for a little respite for my fix of lovely. :-)

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, L. there's a purity--you're right. and clean clear photos don't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder that how people decorate that much beautiful. it's look like heaven. i wish, i had that much beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, stunning, stunning!

    And the pictures on your blog always look better on any other site I know - including my own!

    Warm hugs,

    Mon

    P.S It is easy to spoil you my friend! You are a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the pics but especially the pink and green at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!