Travel: Paris Hotel Inspiration {La Suite de La Reine}

January 27, 2013



If you have visited or read about Paris
then you already know there are secrets
to be found everywhere,
and this charming hotel
we discovered on Place Des Vosges
in the Marais was one of my favorites.

above and this, my photos

Le Pavillon de La Reine
enchanted us so from its ivytastic exterior
that as soon as we returned to the apartment
we leased, I had to know more and got to googling.

From Liberty London Girl,
I learned about this magical suite
inside with giant amazing lithographs!
I would very much like to
visit this gorgeous space someday.

Designed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interiurs)



From Bonjour Paris:

"At the headboard was a huge lithography (a fac similé) in the handwriting of Arthur Rimbaud from his work Une Saison en enfer. In the suite's massive living room under a black ceramic Italian chandelier is Pierre Ambroise Choderlos de Laclos' handwritten segment from Les Liaisons Dangereuses. It is hardly an irony that John Malkovich favors this suite on his visits to the city. The hotel has a prized guest book with comments from notables."



So captivated by this suite,
I stayed up until the wee hours
at our paris apartment
reading about Rimbaud's work,
awed by his story,
desperate to know more.

This is one trance Paris threw me into.
Our apartment was located near the
Sorbonne, so perhaps so much
academia and bohemia
in the atomosphere-emia
seeped into our brain cells.





Maybe this sort of research
rings less than romantic for you,
but a creatively intellectual
adventure into history
and literature while
under the influence
of good red and
a Paris
trance
is
sexy
like
this
suite.




I'm still marinating in this
inspiration and plan to
do something clever
and dramatic
with my
collected
french
antique
documents.

Top Paris Hotels | Vacation




Je t'aime, Le Pavillon de La Reine!
Someday, it will be me and you.

8 Place des Vosges, 75003 Paris
Telephone: + 33 (0)1 40 29 19 19

Who is joining me?

Peace to you right where you are.




You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. It reminds me of my new wallpaper!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there were a place to live among the writings of Montesquieu, Voltaire, Rousseau, and Condorcet, I would never leave! However, I would probably never sleep, either! My heart quickens at the very thought!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sexy is right;) and those lithographs are amazing. gorgeous Michele:)
    I can never get too much of Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so beautiful!Oh someday I want to visit.Just need to talk my husband into going.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite different and marvelous really! Lucky you! Xo z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in. I love all the charming boutique hotels that seem to be popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come along:) I am drooling over that gorgeous claw foot tub, and those amazing toiletries! I always get excited over nice toiletries:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How stunning. The only problem is I'd never leave my suite and I wouldn't see Paris! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that! Really is inspiring!
    xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those scribbled walls~its lovely. Now I just wish I was in Paris and could see one or two in person...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michele, so romantic and such a hidden away treasure!
    The exterior is as enchanting as the interiors!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    New 2013 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fascinating! No wonder you and the red were in a trance.....I would have been too. Find history so fascinating, and i love how its incorporated into these beautiful rooms. Think you will need to go back soon to do some "investigative research" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've never been to Paris! I am absolutely aching to go and your lovely hotel is so tempting...Good luck with your inspiration! I love when I get sucked into a creative vortex like that! Only good comes out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fascinating....I would love to go to Paris and love to stay in this room. Cant wait to see what your going to do with the documents you got.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, Michele. I just finished Kati Marton's bittersweet memoir,"Paris, A Love Story," and her description of this beautiful hotel made me want to check right in. Maybe the next trip to Paris. I'll meet you there! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful hotel--so glad you shared it with us all--ready to get out of the cold weather and jet over right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. can't wait to see what you do with the antique documents....
    love the red ivy...

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...p.s...you just inspired one of my next posts...i'll be sure to link back...

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful!! I love those scripts. I'm aching to go to Paris, I imagine it to me so romantic and this post just confirmed that for me. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, soooo beautiful!!! Love the walls....
    Hugs Elisabeth :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. This place is dreamy... Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!