Decor Inspiration: Swedish Style Neutral Interior Design

April 10, 2010



Sweden has influenced my personal aesthetic
for as long as I can remember.
I spent much of my childhood with a
Swedish family who spoiled me with their pancakes,
their charming airy home,
their hand-knit everything,
and their unique hospitality.

I am Swedish in my heart.


(above: Mackenzie Horan and plush palate)


Although my family is not Scandinavian by blood,
you would never know it looking at our hair and eye color
(all blue eyed blondes) 
or my childhood homes.

Carl Larsson, dala horses, painted furniture,
and good doses of white and blue-grey
permated the spaces. 

Makes sense that I married a Norwegian!





Peace to you right where you are.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Over the past several years I have grown to adore the Swedish way of decorating! I could live there!
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!