Personal Reflections: Styling Amy Grant

February 15, 2011


a m y   g r a n t
and her songwriting left
a significant mark
on this blogger as a teen.

Remember her crossover to pop?
The song was written for daughter Millie.


Amy today.
(Stunning at 50...and she likes to KICK!)

interesting tidbit:
my sisters and i danced
to 'Brick House' with her
at an awards after-party in '02
that completely rockkkkkkked.

Amy and Vince Gill have 5 kids, and one
sings beautiful backup on the 2Friends tour.


Caught her and Michael W. Smith in concert
in 1981 or 1982 and began learning their songs on piano
and performing in church.



Flash forward 30 years.

Just saw them both Saturday night for
a totally enjoyable and moving performance
on the

2Friends Tour.

Such a privilege to visit with
them before the show (thanks to my brother in law).

After sharing some vintage jewelry with Amy
she asked if she could wear it on stage!
Then she did.
How fun is that?
I'm told she wore the pieces again
for the Mpls show.

REALLY REALLY TRYING 
to resist.
But we must obsess just for a second about
thigh-high, like-buttah-leather boots she wore
which were CRAZY chic (see photo above).

oh lord, not my greatest hair day and...
here we have cell phone photography at its finest!

If you can see the show...GO!
(compliment the jewelry!)

If not, here's a snippet of
one of my favs she performed.

Peace to you right where you are.

INTERIOR DESIGN

RENOVATION

ART/DESIGN

CREATIVES

DIY

BEAUTY/FASHION

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is so fun! She's looking terrific, huh?

    I'm sorry I didn't come here the last 2 days (right?), I'm not 100% yet. I'm with bronchitis and this cold winter it's not being good for me. I'm a little better today, though. :-)

    I really appreciate seeing everyday on my blog, M. It's just really nice of you. :-)

    Have fun exercising.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    Post of the Day: A Multi-million House in Malibu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that song brought back memories. (Funny because I remembered EVER. SINGLE. WORD.) She does look fab now though, doesn't she?! And my darling, you obviously missed your calling. Stylist to the stars indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are officially famous!!! That's SOOOO cool that she wore your jewellery! How totally cool is that? I remember that Baby, Baby song. I loved it.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!