Decor Inspiration: Chicago DREAM Home {Michael Abrams}

September 21, 2011


Recently I shared a tour of
the kitchen in Chicago's
(a design house at the Mart),
and today it's all about a
very tranquil greigey bedroom by
Michael Abrams.

(The dream home is open
to tour until early December.)


Walls are covered in Weitzner silk wallcovering by Donghia.

The designer urges home owners
to not be intimidated about selecting art.

"Choose pieces that resonate with you.
Doing so, you will create a deeply
personal environment and experience
as well as a lifetime of pleasure."

Barbara Barry chairs


Larsen fabric from Cowtan & Tout for bed

Drapes, Osborne & Little


The dressing room by
Luca Lanzetta
was designed to create
 the experience
of window shopping!
It kind of cracked me up.
You definitely sense an artist
or a minimalist was at work here.

The designer recommends paying attention
to lighting in a dressing area:
"Innovative lighting captures the woman
in her most radiant light..."
I mean you never know who you're going to run into
in that dressing room!

all photos mine

Luca's original artwork hanging in here may be
my favorite element in the whole
dream home...so romantic.
And I haven't stopped thinking about the citrus
color of the mohair throw from Holly Hunt...stay tuned!

Can you imagine silk lined walls
in your boudoir and window shopping
in your dressing room?

Peace to you right where you are.






You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Hmmmm... I love how this bedroom feels so soothing and warm. A really nice place to relax and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bedroom and is that the hubby enjoying a spot of tea? Cracks me up about lighting in my dressing room, my dressing room is a small space between our bed and closet in front of a window, natural light is best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walls covered in silk...makes me want to write a fairy tale! Oh and if I get to only take two things from this house, that teapot on the ottoman and those candle-holder style spot lamps would be my pick. This is pure dig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh - love that painting.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. @deb
    yep it is.

    this is one of the rooms that in person, completely sedated me. i honestly didn't notice any of the accessories or finishes because of the low contrast. totally a cocoon.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You never know who you're going to run into in that dressing room!"
    Ha ha!(:

    Yes, more about that lovely throw please.

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  7. In concept, I
    find this swoon-
    worthy, but in
    reality, could
    I live in a griege
    cocoon?? Not sure.
    But, I'd be willing
    to try it on for
    a few days if my
    fairy Godmother
    waved me in with
    her wand.....!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, let's just say my bedroom doesn't look like that........

    But I do really like the look of the logs stacked in the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so great -- love it!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!