My Art: Where My Art Lives {England}

May 16, 2011


Met her?

RED authors the chic must-follow blog


and I never miss an installment!



Not only is my friend across the Atlantic
a fabulous writer with rare
honesty and edge--her incredible design taste
is weaved seamlessly through posts about
everyday life,
decor and renovation,
and even her lovely obsessions.

This gallery wall in Swoonworthy's stylish
dining room includes a collage
created by moi...


Brilliant and bitchen, blogmate!


The piece was created
messily and imperfectly
with a book, love, silk...


and pieced together poetry.

Its title
SCHISM IN THE SOUL
would be a fitting title for my autobiography.


I love how Red styled my piece on her
gorgeous stripey table!
Peek at her blog to see more innovative lovely.

all photos - Swoonworthy

This is my favorite cool photo
Mademoiselle Swoonworthy
snapped of the piece.

*cue Christopher Walken*

"I got a fe-vah, Redhotmama...
and the only prescription is...

MORE SWOONWORTHY."

Hugs for cheering me on,
consistently cutting through the sh*t,
and refreshingly standing out in blogland, friend.

Peace to you right where you are.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh yes, I TOTALLY love Swoonworthy. I am so proud to have followed Redilocks for over a year, I think. I really like her style too; I never miss a post - or of your blog either, missy. I have you set up on my Favourites file in my Google reader.

    Big, huge hug,

    Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH!!! You crazy mad woman you! I was going through my blogger reader and saw my big goony jug smiling back at me and I thought, 'wha?' and then I realised it was your blog!! Ohhh you sweet thing, thank you for the wonderful shout out and your very very kind words. I am still totally and utterly in love with your piece and I hope I've done it the tiniest bit of justice in how it was presented :)

    Mwah! Big huge sloppy kisses right on yer smacker baby!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely artwork!! It really looks amazing in the frame and the surrounds! Hope you are haivng a great day!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your site Michele...I will be on here alot i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great artwork...can't wait to check her site!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. right back at ya, red. you always bring so many smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your 'altered art'! I'd love to have a go but...I freak at the idea of chopping up books! I know I could photocopy, but its not the same.
    Maybe you'll inspire me enough to bite the bullet! (And take scissors to an old, dilapidated book!!).
    Am going to have a dekko at Swoonworthy next!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the recommendation...heading over now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm checking it out!

    Thank you so much for your comment yesterday. It was really special to me, as always is.

    You're one of those people that are always spreading love around them.. so rare to find.

    Thank you!

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I do love Miss Swoonworthy and her honest charm and wit, such a lovely gorgeous lass. I love how she photographed your art - which, by the way, is WOW. Love your creativity, my sweet!

    Hope you're having a lovely week. I'm a bit snowed under hence slow on the blogging front, but I hope to catch up later in the week.

    Love to you, creative chick!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Pennyblossoms
    i use very old books that are falling apart and discarded by the library...they are thrown away otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!