My Photography: Equestrian Friend + Love Poem + a Wish

March 17, 2012



A poem by Maya Angelou:

"We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.




Love arrives
and in its train

come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.

Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away
the chains of fear
from our souls.
 


We are weaned from our timidity
in the flush of love's light



we dare to be brave
and suddenly we see


my photos (and my church pew!)

that love costs
all we are and will ever be.

Yet it is only love which sets us free."
         
Wherever this finds you,
I wish you love.


Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Whoa, Goosebumps here...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am equally moved by both the poetry and you. You truly are Angelic, Michelle. Have a wonderful weekend. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lovely....nice to see you sitting on your pew looking gorgeous....that poem was lovely...thankyou. Robx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful....both you and the poem. I especially loved how we are weaned from our timidity in the flush of loves light.....such beautiful words..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Michele this was so beautiful! I wish you lots of love too! Loved the poem and seeing the pretty horse.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to come say how much I loved the poem, so beautiful. You have such a beautiful soul my beachy sista and I love the photos, gorgeous.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maya Angelou writes beautiful poetry, doesn't she? Thank you for the lovely message and I am wishing you love as well.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me on this one .. LOVE horses and your poetry is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was the perfect poem for a Sunday afternoon! Your poetry is beautiful! Such a beautiful person inside and out! Thanks for sharing!!

    xx
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful post and photos, Michele!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!