Fashion Inspiration: Kate Towers

March 25, 2012

GO ASK ALICE cotton gown/made to order

Many moons ago I raved about this
fashion designer's lovely work,
and thanks to one of her sample sales,
I snagged a 'Go Ask Alice' dress from
Kate Towers.

(Above is a floor length version of her GAA in mustard).


PETITE size / sample sale/ FINAL
this one sold to me!

My dress is a mini...to wear with tights,
leggings, or as a tunic over jeans.
A cottonlicious handmade dress makes my heart SWELL,
and you can find more here.

PETITE size / sample sale/ FINAL

Loving the organic ruffles and hand-dyed
goodness which resulted in hues from butter to saffron.

GO ASK ALICE cotton gown/made to order

The ivory 'Go Ask Alice.'


The grey.
Omg, Kate.
The grey.
I am sort of losing my mind for this color.



GO ASK ALICE cotton gown/made to order



GO ASK ALICE

Thank you, thank you, Kate
for sharing your gift
with the world
 and making a mini midwestern mama
feel like a major madonna.

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I am speechless...almost weepy with the beauty! Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress and wish I could wear something like that but busty women can't it makes us look top heavy! I want to see you in yours please!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you look absolutely amazing in your dress!! Such a perfect dress for this time of year... I love!! Take pictures when you wear it - I want to see!

    Much love,
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm looking for a simple shift - I'm concerned about the ruffles being too much .. I'm on my cell and need to take a closer look on my computer when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wondered if the dress would wear me instead of the other way around since i'm so petite. it actually feels just like wearing a scarf over a plain shift (and hides the turkey neck!). i'll ask my sis for a photo shoot.

    i took my mom shopping last night, and she has always been the classy lady in the family who is perfectly put together. i'm more of a wild child. as i looked at clothes, i told her i know i really need to start dressing like a grownup. so maybe in my 50s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way! That dress should really be coming over to my home!

    Also LOVE the creme one - photo no. 2 from the back. Need to check if it also comes in gray.

    Just need to give my arms some attention. Lots of pushups are in order...

    Happy new week to you lovely.

    Mon

    P.S Pictures of you + dress, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous! I love ALL the colors pictured. Congratulations on your new dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, la, la! I love fashion and this one is a winner, M.

    But be honest... I'm sure you look GORGEOUS wearing anything.

    Have a blessed week!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh soooo beautiful, all those ruffles are lush!! I love your dress, want to see your gorgeous self in it please!

    I couldn't really do the big ruffles around my neck... big boobs + ruffles = not so much.

    Hope all is well in Michele land my darlin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the yellow mini you snagged, it's gorgeous and so spring-summery!

    I've missed you, but still continuing my blogging hiatus as work is busy and every non-work second is being spent outdoors (gardening, alfresco dining, reading a magazine on my bench) as the sunshine has been GLORIOUS here!

    Hope you're doing well, lovely!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, those ruffles are to die for! I wish I had a spring wedding to go to sow I could justify getting something:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy beautiful. I'm with you on the grey one!!! I love the buttery saffron one too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!