yoga at home

January 14, 2016


Winter weather leaves me tired and sluggish, and I can choose
to sit on my fanny all day and write or shake it a little...
be very intentional about physical activity.

My problem is I fall in love with the idea of
an exercise or movement regimen and not
executing, ya know?

I have flirted with yoga, but then life gets life-y.
Neglected unloved cottages, for example, cry out for my love.

So I have begun to resume yoga and appreciate
this inspiring book by editor Linda Sparrowe:

(Universe Publishing, 2015).

photography in book - Sarah Keough


How I wish I lived nearer to blogger friend Leslie
who became a yoga instructor...she would
perhaps have encouragement for me since I have
more ability to sit still for meditation than flexibility.

Here is a peek at Leslie's tranquil cottage over the holidays:



...back to yoga:

"Cooking meals for friends, feeding the birds in the morning, or preparing breakfast for rescue cats--all this is seva (service) and part of daily practice."      ~Linda Sparrowe


This gorgeous book delivered much
more than what I was expecting
and was just the gentle nudge I needed
to begin now, right where I am.

I'm already a seasoned meditation girl,
so now I'm looking forward to adding more
embodied spiritual practice to my repertoire.


What are you doing for exercise and well-being these days?

Peace to you right where you are.



Click here for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Michele, this is just the kind of inspiration I need. In the New Year, there are many good intentions, it is the execution part that posts like yours help me to get moving on! This book sounds wonderful!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Life Lessons: So Honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, If you can get motivated to practice at home it would be so much easier (and less pricey!) than attending group classes. Getting motivated to do something at home is tough for me.. I'm all for the buddy-system and it really helps to keep you motivated! Good for you for getting back to your yoga practice. Meditation and deep breathing is something we all should do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i belong to a wellness center with awesome yoga instructors so have no excuse! a buddy would be great, i agree.

      Delete
  3. Hello, sweet friend. It's been
    delightful catching up on your
    cottage posts and I hope you are
    as happy in your new home as
    it appears on the blog. I'm so
    very sorry about your little Bella.
    We are coping with health issues
    with our 11-year old pup, as well.
    It's not fair that they age so very
    quickly.

    Yoga has been my salve this year.
    I attend very early morning classes
    three times a week. I'm like Leslie;
    I do better when accountable to my
    teachers and classmates, but it's a
    goal this year to add a short daily
    practice at home.

    Namaste, and be well!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry to hear your sweet dog is ill--hoping for improvement. so glad to hear how yoga is helping!

      Delete
  4. Yoga is my "go to" exercise, but I've been a little slack...thanks for the push I needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure why, but it helps seeing these images in the book of folks of all shapes and sizes and ages devoted to their practice.

      Delete
  5. My sister does Hot Yoga and had been bugging me to try it soo maybe now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to get back into the swing of Life here with yoga.... I need to give my mind, body, and spirits a mag or rest.
    Perhaps today I will drag out the mats? Such a message post for me here this morning.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad, friend. our bodies are counting on us to love them with healthy practices and will reward us with better health!

      Delete
  7. Yoga is a great way to stay fit and maintain a healthy body. And I totally agree that it is a great way to train at home. Winter is the time of the year when most people stay at home and forget that they don't need to go out in order to exercise. Summer bodies are made in the winter - I am currently trying to exercise more and clean those fats:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you. You are such a little sweetie pie. I was browsing through your posts happily reading along and doing some catch up and I see your very kind and generous shout-out.. yep, I sure do wish we lived closer cause I'd love to share my yoga class with you---among the many things we could have fun doing together. (can't wait for April!)
    hugs
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!