Vintage English Cottage Decor Inspiration: Blue shutters in england

July 22, 2013

A home in Camden, England to
rent for shoots and stuff.
I want the illuminated drapery so badly
I'd trade my lil' ballet slippers for it.

Isn't this place spare and zen?

Linen, hide, grainsack,
chunky knits...a quartet of lovely.
Loving how weathered the floors are.
No fuss.

I've strung rosaries round everything in our home for years,
yet above the tub seems genius.
Which reminds me.

As a teen occasionally bored in church,
my friend Cairena taught me to skim the hymnal
and simply add the words in the bathtub
to song titles...
HOW GREAT THOU ART in the bathtub.
JESUS LOVES ME in the bathtub.
HE LIVES in the bathtub.

While this place might bore the devil
out of some of you, I hear choirs of angels.

What a heavenly breeze this spare place
would be to scrub clean, yes?


You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Oh Michele That illuminated drapery is stunning! Love it!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series and Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice ! I will save it for inspiering my new home in the future :)

    XO
    Anci

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drapery is so clever and beautiful - wow! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the perfect place to retreat and be quiet. I'd have to surrender a lot of my worldly goods to be in such a spare spot - but somehow I think I might not mind. Hope that there is an equally beautiful and peaceful place in your heart today. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally dreamy! Look at all that light!! Totally crushing on those floors. And those yummy shutters :) Great find, my friend.
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairy lights as drapery...LOVE IT! As for the rosaries I have them everywhere in my studio and home. I just love those simple little beads and crosses! Love worn floors and wish I had the nerve to try it since mantaining woods floors is work!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first shot. I want to read next to the illuminated drapery!
    Very cool and peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous! Looks very Mediterranean than Camden, England ;-) I love that illuminated drape also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Michele. The absence of clutter makes way for clear thinking and allows us to focus on each beautiful piece of decor:) I am looking for a shutter like the one above.. Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So absolutely gorgeous!!! I want that illuminated drapery too...badly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beautiful here, Michele.
    I hope that all is well with you, sweet lady.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely inspiration~spare and sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i need to make my own fairy drapery with white lights and hang it in my spare lil' music room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's just beautiful and restful Michele. The perfect place for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This home is my cup of tea... love everything about it! Hope all is well!

    much love,
    Des

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!