My Art: Where my art lives {midwestern farmhouse}

August 07, 2011


Wanted to share a few snaps
of a fabulous farmhouse
where some of my art lives
because not only is it
architecturally magnificent,
but soon they will be changing
the interior's color palette.


The wraparound porch is sooooo charming!

They started with a small historic house
on a huge lot, then preserved its character
while vastly expanding its liveability.

The lady of the house and I have been friends our entire lives.
As tweens we camped out on a bench from dawn to dusk to save our seats
for Andy Gibb...the BEST CONCERT EVER!


The millwork is divine
throughout the farmhouse.
Funny I spy no "Shadow Dancing"
sheet music on the piano...



A talented photographer, my friend
took this brilliant shot of her brood.


Here are some wordy panels
they commissioned from me.
I still take local orders (Chicagoland) for custom panels,
and it's thrilling to see them installed in homes
varying in style.


James Taylor lyrics,
a verse from the Book of John,
and a hymn just outside a butler's pantry.
I really hate to keep harping,
but I smell conspiracy.
Not one Gibb represented.


Tempted though I was to shoo folks
out of the way for a better perspective
of the todiefor kitchen,
I took a break
to sample
creme brulee french toast,
breakfast souffle,
crepes,
and a yogurt parfait.


An original part of the farmhouse
which will become a library.



A peek at a new lounge-y section.
If my friends read this, perhaps
they will consider the possibility
of framing this for above the fireplace:


Nahhhhhhhh.


PERFECT!

Aren't farmhouses with their simplicity
and informal elegance lovely?

p.s.
Look at my beachy girlfriend
barefootin' it all gorgeouslike!

Peace to you right where you are.







You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. *Sigh* Wrap-around porch, glossy dark floors, beautiful artwork and lighting - all makes it my dream house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the wrap around porch! Your work looks great. Can't wait to know what color they are painting the home. Happy Monday!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. the farmhouse will probably be shades of sophisticated greys inside. it's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love how they have preserved the home, but decorated with more up-to-date art and images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I loved this place and your art looks perfect there!
    the food looked pretty good too! :-)

    Have a blessed week, M!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to come live in that place where your art loves, it is gorgeous, well only of they put up the pictures of Andy. :) Your art looks so perfect there and I love the verse and James Taylor.
    Enjoy your evening dear.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful house. i loved her school house light in the entry. your work looked perfect in that space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This farmhouse is stunningly charming; I'd love to walk it's floors. Your James Taylor panels are incredible. I would love to see those on the walls of my house.
    Andy Gibb...ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Andy....!
    If I were a
    house, I would
    truly be a
    farmhouse like
    this. Plop me
    on a lake and
    I'd be home : )
    Loved this peek
    into your friend's
    gorgeous place.
    Your art looks
    like it always
    belonged there.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god, what a fabulous house! and your work looks wonderful there.
    And... Andy Gibb, really?
    Oh well, we were all teeny boppers once, i was in love with Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO well done. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. was andy always that tiny? the house is gorgeous, i'd love to sit and play piano on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yep he was a petite Gibb. i love how black works so well in this house.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous house - inside and out! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely home your wonderful artwork "chose"! Everyone must be so happy!

    Funny Andy Gibbs story!

    We are back from our wonderful vacation. Well fed and happy! (:

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the farmhouse...so much that i featured your post on fridays unfolded this week!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely farmhouse! Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best bits of this post (aside from the gorgeous wrap-around porch that they just don't 'do' in the UK - SWOON)...

    Your art in the hallway (fab, as always) and Andy Gibb with electricity coming out of his thumbs.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. the farmhouse looks like my dream house!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful home within which hugs your art work.
    I love the porch and I can't wait to see the room that is being transformed into the library. How blessed you are to have such a friend for many years.
    have a sugar sweet day
    hugs
    by the way.....you are an awesome author.
    I am having a give away on Sunday for one of my paris tags...pink....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!