Artist Inspiration: Cindy Redman

September 18, 2011


I can't claim to know precisely.

But I know love sneaks up on you occasionally.
I know it can be mysterious
and moves us to sometimes create
lovely for our friends in blogland.

So I must share two treasures arriving last week
for no reason at all
except that I'm learning
this is how
love
works.


The loveliest driftwood sailboat arrived,
made by my comrade in coastal chic,
my talented beachy sista
Michelle
of Emerald Cove
who keeps it real as she
journeys to find
the simple joys
in life.

Michelle's blog is a must read for me

You can imagine how I treasure
this organic handmade piece
to display in our home
which has
so many references to
sea-sand-sky lovely.


Michelle has a wonderful blog
where she shares 'the everyday'
candidly, and she is
one of those blog friends
there to cheer you on,
because she believes
as I do
that love always wins.
 
I'm so grateful, Michelle.
And thank you for the poetry greeting
us prominently on your blog page
which never fails to move me:

Love one another,
but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea
between the shores of your soul.
(Khalil Gibran)
I plan to paint this on two panels,
and one will be for you.

by Cindy

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on
Cindy's Fractured Fairytale
for my daily dose of North Carolina artist
Cindy's crazycool random musings,
art, and home decor...
and discovered the image of
our Bella Luna.

(Bella has health issues right now, and Cindy
had no idea...we don't take this oil painting
or a single day with her for granted.)


Cindy's work will inspire you

Of course, I struggled to breathe,
managed to type a lame comment full of omgs
and felt as though I was dreaming.

Cindy says she was instructed by the universe to paint Bella.
I LOVE THAT ABOUT THE UNIVERSE.



Maybe I AM dreaming.
Dude.
It's a super rad dream
where the loveliest painting
of our sweetie
arrived on the doorstep
followed by tears and
immediate framing
in an antique grey-gorgeous
barnwood frame.


This is Cindy's work
displayed in her charming home
which she continues to transform
into a romantic, tumbledown chic
(just for you, Cindy!)
nest of dreams.


You may recognize Cindy's work from the now famous
EULALIE, commissioned by the fabulous Miss Mustard Seed.
(Ohhhhh, Cindy, those EYELASHES! You behave!)


Thank you, my fellow fractured friend,
my twisted-humored hottie with a paintbrush.
It's important that you know
the overriding emotion felt deep
in my soul this minute:
it's HUMILITY.
Happy, of course,
but mainly humbled.

I don't always understand how love works.

But I know
it's something like this.

Peace to you right where you are.






You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Michelle what I hope you know to be true, is that you are so worthy of these loving friendships!

    Xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I hope you will come and join my Giveaway from Interieurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her work is so romantic don't you think? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is. And you attract it Michelle!

    You are surrounded by so many lovely, loyal and creative friends.

    Sending tons of warm thoughts and good energy to little Bella. (The painting is amazing. Crocodile tears would have been rolling down my cheeks!).

    Love to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting of Bella is just beautiful and I love how love arrives at just the right time. I hope she is doing well.
    Thank you for your sweet words, they mean so much to me and thank you for your wonderful friendship, you inspire me everyday!
    Love ya beachy sista!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, sweet friends.

    michelle, someday in person i'll tell you about the timing. your gift is a treasure to me and is SO YOU and SO ME.

    love.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful gifts and things that actually mean something to you, it doesn’t get any better then that! I hope Bella is feeling better quickly the painting of her is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, this is such a lovely post. My sweet, you not only give lovely but attract it too! Michelle and Cindy's gifts are wonderful. I'm so sorry to hear Bella Luna is not very well, my best wishes to the sweet little pooch.

    Love and hugs,
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am adoring that shih tzu painting! so lovely - thank you for sharing the link! oxox,tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Michelle and
    I know that I will
    love Cindy, too. I
    am always in awe of
    such talent.....And
    YOU are easy to love,
    of that I am certain : )
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hun, is it really crazy that I got all welled up reading your post?

    You give out love and you get love in return... a beautiful balance.

    I'm so sorry to hear your gorgeous little girl is unwell - I do hope she is feeling better very soon my darlin.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweet Michelle is so well loved here in blogland! ♥ I truly consider her my lil' sista. We've been flea marketing together all summer long, getting to know each other, and have become fast friends. She has such a heart of gold... :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore Michelle. she is such a sweet person. blogging has helped to create so many friendships. the paintings you featured are beautiful. such an amazingly talented artist. thanks so much for stopping by my blog. i appreciate your visit. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post- and such adorable paintings!! XOXO Bea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my heavens!
    Those paintings are truly amazing and she captured your sweet Bella in the most endearing and soulful way!
    Loving this immensely talented artist.
    Thanks for turning us onto her!
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!