Artist Inspiration: Sasha Grubor Photography

September 05, 2011

ArVintage 70s Beach Series - Set of 3

Sasha Grubor captures a beach in Yugoslavia...

Vintage 70s Beach Series - Set of 3
Sasha Grubor

in 1976.

Vintage 70s Beach Series - Set of 3

So happy to stumble upon
gorgeous photography of a
moment in time
in the former Yugoslavia
so I could discover and share
lovely work from L.A. photographer
Sasha Grubor.

Sasha is wonderful to work with,
and this incredible set
of three prints is at her shop right here.
Loving the tranquil
and sunny-but-totally-cool vibe.
Reminds me a little of Hugh Holland lovely.
Yep.
Still digging my heels in
(actually it's bare feet in the sand)
clinging to all things summery
and tropical on planet michele!

Sasha has beautiful work for sale
at extra friendly prices (10 bucks!).

Combine this with an extra 20% discount
(September only!)
by simply using the code
HELLOLOVE20
and you can have
an instant collection
for very little moolah.

Let's explore more of Sasha's work
from her travels, shall we?

Yellow and Flowers 8x10
Yellow and Flowers

A shot from a far away island
of which I have never heard.
Mali Losinj is off the northern coast of Croatia
(just under the Istran Penninsula).

Aren't the colors yummy?
If I could sketch, I would
sooooooo paint this!


Blue Alley 8x10
Blue Alley

Also on Mali Losinj, breathtaking blue walls
and textural interest has me sighing,
and I love the mystery of imagining what lies
just beyond that alley.
(Jason Bourne...?) 

Pastels 8x10
Pastels

Another intriguing photo which
brings to mind...hmmmm.
Butterscotch and cotton candy?
Khakis and a sorbet-hued cashmere sweater?

Do visit Sasha Grubor
to see more of her lovely work
and gift shop or acquire your very
own SG originals while they
are still affordable!

*****Don't forget the 20% discount code******
HELLOLOVE20
for the month of September.
Talk to me.
Which photography subject matter
do you enjoy most?

Peace to you right where you are.
  





 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.
/>

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. OMG. I love photography as a subject and these are great. The beach pictures have a very mellow sepia with full tone color which makes it look so retro. I love her composition and framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue shutters with the plants tumbling down the walls... and the wonderful nostalgic look of the people on the beach... i'm pretty sure i must have been there... i think that's me in the peach cotton skirt in the third photo...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the architectural photos and want that yellow and flowers for my bathroom it would say summer all winter long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely!

    I actually will hop over. I particularly like the umbrellas with an attitude! And yellow sun hats to go with that! Ha!

    Love to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that yellow wall.... sunny, full of energy! I really love it. Beautiful photography, gorgeous post, M!

    I hope you had a great long weekend and thank you so much for your support yesterday!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her technique is so painterly; it is truly beautiful. The beach scenes, especially, remind me of Seurat's "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte." If you are not familiar with it, google it and you will see what I mean. Thank you, Michele, for introducing her to us.
    Best,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. victoria! i know that seurat piece from seeing it in person as a girl at the art institute of chicago (i grew up in the chicago suburbs). thanks for bringing back fond fond memories for me.

    sasha's beach scenes are mesmerizing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a talented photographer. Thanks for sharing!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh mama, I too thought the same about the Blue Alley - it's like out of a painting, so lovely! Hoping over to Sasha's shop right now.

    Meerkat xx ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, hand
    me the suntan
    oil and turn
    up the transistor,
    girlie; these
    posts have me
    craving MORE
    beach, please!!
    And how cute are
    those '76 pics?
    Yes, I remember
    that year, well.....
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. The VIBE and the ultra coolness of even in the heat of the sunshine is just radiant in those beach scenes.

    Ya know, it's been p*ssing down with rain for days now in Manchester and it feels properly like autumn. Thank you for allowing me to hang on to summer just a wee bit longer. Love these, thank you for sharing!

    Mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics, she's a great photographer! Thanks so much for joining BC Good Life Wednesdays linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photos! and yes, the BC rocks;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!