DIY: Hello Lovely CUSTOM CLAY TAGS

September 19, 2011

Easy rustic hand formed clay tags made with these stamps.

The other day
I had fun with clay.

Embellish gifts, a nightlight (top left), or an apothecary jar.

"I did not know
you were a sculptor,"
you say.


"Far from it,"
says I,
with a raised eyeBROW.

Here is Stacey's tutorial for using her clear cling stamps.

'Twas these custom kicka$$ stamps
made by Stacey
was how!

Couldn't resist forming a few little white dresses...
then they insisted on being velcroed to a stripey canvas--go figure.

That's all the poetry you're getting.
*For now*

I sooooo enjoyed forming crude tags
then embellishing with custom stamps
(you choose your wording & font!).

I experimented with both polymer clay
and natural air-drying white clay.
I like the natural air-drying clay better
but since it takes a few days to dry,
you gots to be patient.


These easy projects require no tutorials
and very little time.
It's Stacey's stamps that steal the show.
Sure you can grab cookie cutters
and fancy tools to achieve
even texture in your shapes
if it tingles your jingles.

Experimenting with animal prints.

When is a clay tag
SEXY?

When it is as provocative as this
psychedelic animal print-y clay tag,
of course.
HOW TO:
A coil of white. A coil of black.
Intertwined. Swirled then flattened
into a disk. Done.
Bom-chicka-wah-wah.

A decidedly custom & quirky vibe at Asspocket Productions.


As a multimedia artist,
this stamphappy shop owner enjoys
 writing, painting, altering books,
gardening, lampworking, glass, and
wheel-thrown and hand-built pottery.
 
Recently one of the artist's stories
was published in the book Red Silk. 

The photo that sold me on custom lovely stamps.

Asspocket Productions

Custom rubber stamps
work for all sorts of projects,
no clay required; but they DO make
a great combo, yes?

Peace to you right where you are.






 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. LOVE this!

    my head is spinning with the endless possibilities, thanks
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played with clay since I was a kid and it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick A$$ indeed!!! LOL

    OMG! This seems to be so fun! I'd love to try it. Make something for the kids and hand in their bedrooms... Wouldn't that be cool?

    I hope you're doing well... I was thinking about you this morning, while I was driving home after dropping the kids at school. I was wishing you a good day. :-)

    Take care, sweetie and yes... LOVELOVELOVE!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com


    PS: I have "only" 10 weeks to go. I'm starting to freak out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I can't leave well enough alone and I would go on to rub ink into the impressions and texture to antique them. I might try inking the stamp before I press it into the clay and then once dry, dust the tag with pearlex powders to give it a shimmer. So much fun!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, thank
    you for making
    me laugh out loud.
    I just love your
    enthusiasm for...
    EVERYTHING! How
    in the world do you
    find the time to
    make these discoveries??
    I am SO going to
    try these tags. This
    is about the speed
    of craftwork that I
    do best : ) As more
    of a wordsmith than
    a crafter, my head is
    spinning with possible
    words and phrases.
    Thanks for making my
    day, M!!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh air-drying clay and stamps - such fun! I love your adorable tags and little dress models and Stacey's stamps are lovely!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i make time for creating because it is entirely LIFEGIVING for me. like breathing. like praying and eating bread.

    i love the act of having no real plans or agenda and just watching my hands manipulate the clay. it's a discovery my hands lead me to, and i'm never disappointed.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god I need to try this! I love the 'animal print' effect, that is just bloody genius.

    You are a powerhouse of creativity woman.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh girl I love these and those little dresses are ADORABLE and sexy all in the same!! The stamps look so cool, I will have to go take a look-see!
    Hugs!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no words. Why does your blog make me go crazy, make me wanna go straight inside the pc and snatch those dainty darling things.

    I love both stamps and clay tags and I'm having that classic "get this asap" cramp.

    Btw, I love the shade of your hair. You look just as pretty as your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @trumatter
    music to my ears!

    you've gotta love these little crafty ideas that don't require ANY skill or list of instructions, yes?

    and the possibilities to get creative are endless.

    still no 'book of poetry' offer from a publisher after this post. shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started out using the polymer clay, too - and didn't like it at all. When I switched to air dry clay for my tags, I fell in love! :) Now I can hardly wait to make some more for Christmas presents and decorations!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i just love your little clay stamped pieces...how fun!
    i would love a custom stamp by the other Stacey as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great idea on how to use my clay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so cute -- what a fun idea!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share!

    Marie
    Mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, found my way over! These are lovely! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite gift I ever received was a watercolor painting done by a local artist. It was a picture of all the dogs that have blessed my life - past and present - and showed my husband and I walking in a snowy field along a streambed with the dogs running ahead of us. It's how my idea for my Heaven's Walk blog was born. ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love giving gifts that have a reason behind them and will be used throughout the year. Because my mother has Alzheimer's and is always cold, I'm giving her a nice warm cardigan with a floral scarf for Christmas. I know they will both get alot of use all year long. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun and creative! I've never worked with clay before, but after seeing your post, I'd love to try! Great idea using the rubber stamps, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love! I am just thinking about how much more special these tags could make Christmas gifts! I am the world’s worst wrapper but I might be able to make up for it by adding a personalised clay tag! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!