Books: Minimal Realism of Charley Harper

September 29, 2011

Charley Harper

Recognize his work?

Apartment Therapy

Here are some great books from Mr. Harper:





"I don't count the feathers;
I just count the wings."
                               ~Charley Harper

I do love the colorful lovely work of artist
Charley Harper (1922-2007).
His prints can be pricey,
but lucky for us...
Ammo Books
offers many lovely affordable
items with his designs.


Charley Harper's stylized drawings
and paintings capture his subjects with the
fewest possible elements;
herein lies his minimal realism genius.

Deliciously juicy colors engage us,
and inspire in unexpected ways.


(BTW. Surprised I am sharing
cheery, springlike colors when it's
freshly autumn here?)


The sweetest board book: Colors

Call me cuckoo!
And a renegade even
where the seasons
are concerned!

Back to Charley Harper yum...

Need a gift idea for young kids?
Look no further than books,
nesting blocks, and flashcards featuring
his lovely work (which is popular with
girls and boys to grandmas!).

Nesting Blocks


 In fact, the flashcards may
inspire an entire decor scheme
for a room:

I tacked a single card to a little canvas
painted with simple stripes and loved it
on its own, but imagine massing
a Charley Harper alphabet
in a kids' room or family room!
One box of flashcards is
easy on the budget, big on CHARM.




Feelin' minimal realism and happy color?

Peace to you right where you are.



Click here for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.





 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love Charley Harper's vibrant work and the flashcards on the stripe canvases are a fab idea! Love your creativity as ever!

    Happy weekend, my lovely.

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Love the ones framed above the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this artwork and bringing it to my attention. It is just awesome. Love them all.
    Have a great weekend. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and fun! I'd love to see it around my house! :-)

    I'm dropping by to wish you a blessed weekend, my friend.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely! I have never seen these before, they are beautiful! I love what you did as well, very cool with the stripes.
    Enjoy your weekend!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!