Books: Paris Sketchbook + Some Pics From Paris

May 30, 2013

gazing out of the Louvre (my  unedited photo)

Love Paris, fashion, travel guide books,
sketches, or all of the above?

my photo


Then il ya bonne chance
you'll delight in Jason Brooks'
Paris Sketchbook
(Laurence King, 2013).




Jason Brooks - Paris Sketchbook

Pourquoi?
Charming chapters devoted to:
architecture,
street scenes,
the cafe,
fashion,
 shopping,
art,
getting around,
and
la nuit.



The author studied graphic design
at St. Martin's College and is the recipient of the
Vogue Sotheby's Cecil Beaton Award
for Fashion Illustration.
It's his first book.



Paris is a wonderland of moments to sketch.
Not sure why I have been so lazy about
organizing photos of the moments
I captured digitally.
It's interesting. The pics don't seem to
require any tweaking or editing.
The light there is magic.

from our apartment's balcony (my photo)
i observed so much warmth between children (my photo)
graffiti - my favorite type of art in paris (my photo)

makes an excellent gift
for the Francophile!

Peace to you right where you are.



Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.





 Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.








You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Does the light there really seem different? The photo you took from the balcony is very frenchy and artistic looking. It seems like there is a whole different energy there, I'm so curious about it all...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Paris sketchbook, especially as an artist! There's something so delicious about a little line drawing.....thanks. Hope you're feeling better.
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. a whole lot of mystique there, cindy. for me, it was a different planet. couldn't get a clear take on it and left with many more questions than answers. which is why we must return and discover a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous book! I'd love it. I do love Paris. You could love there all your life and not discover all of its magic.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Paris - such a wonderful city! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Michele! We went last July and it seems so long ago :( My daughter's friend is there now and I've seen some photos.. so fun!

    Have a great weekend! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh so wish I was there..funny what you said about the warmth of the people I said the very same thing. I loved going into restaurants and seeing people warmly greet each other and linger for hours with not a cell phone in sight....REFRESHING!
    I love Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been craving Paris lately, so this book may be just the treat I need! Been thinking of you, Michele. Sending lots of loving kindness your way. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele, your photos are wonderful!!! That first one should be a postcard! Gotta check out this book....looks fun :)
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. \I have never been and would like to go....your images are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I cannot wait to go, these have me dreaming already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michele,

    You are one great photographer my friend. Wish you lived closer. I need your eye and skills (and good sense of humor - wink to Octopus!).

    oxox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, did my splendid comment go through..??

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing more of Paris through your eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got back from Paris. Your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!