Farmhouse Style: Sarah Richardson's Own Farmhouse

May 13, 2013

<

Sarah Richardson's Farmhouse - Great Room

What a great Mother's Day it was!
The tradition here is my three men work
tirelessly on the yard and landscaping
all day according to my instructions.
I know. Freakin fabulous.
* * *



It has been two years since I blogged
about the multitudinous reasons I'm a huge fan of
Sarah Richardson's farmhouse.

For the pleasure of discerning
farmhouse chic
connoisseurs everywhere,
here's a reprise of the lovely:

Single Hung Wood Windows - Sarah Richardson Farmhouse

This time 'round I am including seldom
seen shots for extra perspective via
Fieldstone Windows,
the supplier of windows
for this home.

Wood Door - Sarah Richardson's Farmhouse

Single Hung Wood Window - Sarah Richardson Farmhouse



Isn't this spot majorly heart-stirring?

Sarah Richardson's Farmhouse
in process


Why we're diggin the place?

Vintage Corbels.
create balance with modern enhancements
in a farmhouse kitchen.


Shades of Grey.
They're cool.
They work magic with stainless ensembles.


Comfy Barstools.
Here they are upholstered in oilcloth.
You know you and guests will spend tons of time
here so why not just say no to good looking but
uncomfortable tuffets?


Give Me Liberty.
For me, farmhouse architecture means
we don't have to take ourselves too seriously.
*Rosy doors and hardware are pure yum.



Stairway Runners.
Is there realllllly anything else to say?


Paisley.
Heavenly dots, a herringbone-y quilt, and
a rooster on a clock...farmhouse mixes
up the chic. 



Unexpected Unpainted Wood.
Yes, everyone and their great-grandma is
chalk painting a kitchen table, but
still no legislation prohibiting
us from stepping away from the paint.

(A white painted 4-poster maybe
would have been expected here.)


Punch.
Neutrals get busy with
burnt orange, apricot, and garnet
without overwhelming contrasts.

(Am I still the only one who sees Jesus
in the woodgrain of the clock?)


Unicorns.
 A crown, a crest...
the piece deserves to have a home
designed around it.



Romance.
Farmhouse chic can be feminine
as Sarah proves.


Innovative Customization.
Since the bones of this farmhouse were
worth honoring, they preserved the

window in the design with this

custom counter/cabinet.




Oodles and oodles of beautiful showing-its-age 
Maple Hardwood.



Restful.
This farmhouse feels clean,
not cold, 
nostalgic, yet modern.

How bout you, farmchix and citychix...
got a soft spot for farmhouse chic?
* * *
*More babbling bout Sarah Richardson's
work here (cottage), here, and here.

Peace to you right where you are.



 Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.












You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. she is one of my favorite designer, love how she pops in the unexpected and adds old with new and makes it oh so current!!
    I just wrote a post about Mother's Day plantings going on. It is amazing how many people do this on Mothers day. So glad you got a treat that you wanted on MD!! xo Happy Week,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loooove the kitchen, comfy livingroom country style, stairs, the lovely cozy bathroom and the adorable door knobs on doors, boards etc.

    Really lovely post & great inspirations!:)

    Bye,
    NIKA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely house, every room is gorgeous and so inviting and warm, specially the kitchen. You did a wonderful job with your house! Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this house, love sara richardson and loved the post! thanks for sharing it:)
    keya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything Sarah does! this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUV THIS!!! Is Sarah Richardson still on t.v.?? I ALWAYS watched when she and Candace were on HGTV...don't watch much now. We planted on Mum's Day in VA! franki p.s. I see Him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele, I don't know where I've been.. that I haven't seen this. WOW.. gorgeous! I'm going to pin and flag this post because there's lots of farm house inspiration going on here. The kitchen is perfect and LOVE those stools. Thanks for sharing this lovely home.

    {sounds like you had the perfect weekend:) hope you are feeling better and getting rest}

    My new email is 4aroundthetable@gmail.com .. just fyi:)

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE her style too and could and have looked at these pics over and over!!...Hoping things are going well for you, your sisters and families..
    xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't get enough of sarah's designs, and this house shows off her talent.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the house and I didn't know it was a new build. Funny but I don't think you would ever find anyone in New England using farmhouse and chic in the same sentence but it works here!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  11. First -- hope you are feeling well, and that everything is looking good with regard to your medical situation.

    Second -- I could see Jesus in that clock -- or Abraham Lincoln.

    Third -- no doubt SR is a force in the design world, but I just don't get it. I know a lot of people idolize her work, but she does nothing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I have a soft spot for farmhouse chic as well as just about anything Sarah Richardson! I love her style but her farmhouse/country homes are my favorite. And I love the island vacation house too! I was just thinking of that yellow quilt in the master bedroom this week and how much I still love it. And yes, I see Jesus too. So cool! Thanks for sharing this amazing house again. I never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your mother's day gift, mine is similar...I loved the garden improvement and my men working in the sun....all I did is cook and bake for them. Love the images...just stunning.
    hugs Z

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, looks so cozy and lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love her work...hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah is one of my favorites, love all of her work!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is one amazing home.
    I loved it!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I wanted to let you know that you and your mom and sis have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since I read about your health journeys last week!
    You are all truly inspiring!!
    Lots of love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could comment on her lovely farmhouse but I have to say your idea for Mother's Day is genius! I have to do that going forward...although I'm not sure my family would want to celebrate Mother's Day with me anymore. :) Hope it was everything you wanted and that you enjoyed every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha! of course they would prefer to buy me jewelry and have the day off, but this is their chance to show me they really appreciate me!

    thanks for all the kind words, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, I want to know where in the heck she got those gray and white striped outdoor cushions!!! I have been looking everywhere for cute outdoor cushions. And that first photo of the kitchen with the corbels is one of my favorite all time kitchen photos!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Again...huge girl crush on Sarah....her attention to detail is flawless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!