Books: Atlanta Bartlett {Easy Elegance}

April 06, 2014





Easy elegance.
Jeepers, i like the sound of that whether we're talkin
demeanor, wardrobe, automobiles, or living rooms.

To love it is to to be okay with some imperfection
(which is so so so different than settling for mediocrity!)
and to capture it is to be named
Atlanta Bartlett, who wrote the book.


Easy Elegance
by Atlanta Bartlett
(Ryland Peters & Small, 2014)



How Bartlett conceives it:

"Easy elegance mixes the old with the new,
the luxurious with the everyday. It celebrates
comfort, simplicity and individuality. The result
is a warm and welcoming home that suits the
relaxed way we want to live now."

Some images driving it home for me:



6-10-2010 10-50-43 AM
photos via Atlanta Bartlett

Since this is a look I want to achieve in my own home,
I'm looking around this very moment spying areas
in which a small tweak might pack a big easy punch.

Peace to you right where you are.

p.s.
I think it's more challenging
to achieve the effect with large rooms,
Agree?

hellolovelyhouse 002

p.s.s.
I am beyond honored that Marian of Miss Mustard Seed
featured my dining area on her WILDLY popular blog.
Merci beaucoup, my multi-talented sista.






 Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.



You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Very nice, love the dreamy mood in these pics :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired her style. She has inspired me with many of the choices I have made in my sea cottage decor. Enjoy your tweaking. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful and relaxing images. I will be adding this book to my list.
    Happy Monday, Michele.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Clean lines With a hint of vintage ;o))
    Hugs Elisabeth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting her book on my Wish List, Michele! I adore the whole idea of easy elegance. It's calming. Serene. Comfortable. Exactly what each of needs in our daily lives, don't we? :) Your dining room is the perfect example of that. Soooo beautiful - and I love how you use nature outside those gorgeous windows as your art work. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so am going to check out her book on Amazon and purchase it. Thank you Michele for featuring it.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you and Atlanta
    got it going on girlie! Love
    both of your styles and
    not surprised your a big
    old star over at Miss M's!

    Happy Friday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes... I love that sofa with the pillows all tossled around and the furry rug in front... THAT is easy elegance...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!