Decor Inspiration: Classic French Style {Julie Charbonneau}

April 29, 2014





Let's whisper about refinement.
Elegance too.
And classic French style.
Methinks Canadian designer Julie Charbonneau
of de Poitiers
has truly mastered the art of creating serenity
and timelessness.






Am I right or am I right?

Hold on right there.
I think I just became aware of another
first-world-decor-ache:
I don't have a fireplace in the master bath
to add dramatic ambiance and provide
more flattering lighting for youTubes
videotaped for my lifestyle blog.


a chic Montreal penthouse designed by Charbonneau




Charbonneau's own home, photographed for House and Home.

There's that friggin ache again.
Seriously. It's insanity to think things I think,
and it's not envy knockin'...just a fleshy
hedonistic inkling that if this wrought iron
staircase were in my life, many cares
would melt away.*



*I blame hormones.



Let's step away from my estrogenic and spiritual design crises
and drift instead into a Frenchy white trance:



















All sorts of lovely to admire in this ethereal kitchen.
Have a favorite Charbonneau moment above?
Let's hear it, sunshine.

Peace to you right where you are.






You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Gorgeous and indeed looks like an ethereal dream ... My favorite is the kitchen. But not saying each photo is amazingly beautiful.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this house....everything about it, but especially the kitchen! More to dream about and plan for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...gorgeous. Elegant and refined describes this perfectly. I had to scroll back up to see that bathroom .. amazing and the range, I think the one I ordered for the kitchen is the same one. Love it! The black is so pretty against the white. I'd also like the chandelier at the top ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i might just have to quit my job and take pics of my range all day. how exciting!

      Delete
  4. Pure white gorgeousness. I don't know, that staircase really does it for me, but the townhouse bedroom photo above it - I think it's the window, the contrast of the black and white. Bathtub in the bathroom. Sign. First-world-decoritis has me, too.

    Thanks for bringing all this lovely white into my life, Michele! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just the idea to make a staircase a piece of functional sculpture is so enchanting.

      Delete
  5. two chandy's in the kitchen!! love, love, lerrve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooooh, that is one thing i can boast. i do have 2 and 3 if you count the one in my pantry! ha!

      Delete
  6. So lovely, and that bathroom ..wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little vignette with the wallpaper panel behind the white cabinet. Yum. And yes it is tempting to believe that my life would be better if my home were white and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad i'm not the only one with delusions. :)

      Delete
  8. Whoa!!!! So this is who designed a few of the rooms I have loved and had pictures of for years!!!! I love that bathroom and kitchen, in fact they were inspiration when we were building. Thanks for the intro to this uber talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how cool is that!? that photo shoot of the kitchen is elevated with that moody lighting, yeah? yer so welcome, tina.

      Delete
  9. First of all I want that kitchen. Although right now any kitchen would do..I'm getting really weary of all this house hunting. These are all beautiful and calming. And I know what you mean about a fireplace in the master. I saw one recently. And took a photo for my dream file! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has to be exhausting, leslie since i know you are also open to renovating so you have to look at things through those goggles as well. i am excited for you to find just the right place for you. i will gladly celebrate with you (preferably in the sunshine where you are raising your glass)!

      Delete
  10. Wow! I love the bathroom. Fresh, clean, simple design ...
    Thank you for inspiration

    Margaret
    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness.... The bathroom with the fireplace reflected in the mirror is gorgeous. Wow... it's just an amazing photo too, ... everything about the whole room is perfect.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!