Love Letter to Sherry Hart

November 15, 2016


I love Atlanta-based interior designer
Sherry Hart, and I'm confident she knows it
since I have been following her journey
on Design Indulgence since bloggers
were blogging like valleygirls 
(for like ever)!

Ladisic project - Kitchen design by Sherry Hart

Sherry is arguably the most entertaining
designer in cyberspace
(which honestly would be enough),
but factor in her work and heart, 
and you have an irresistible creative dynamo
(with the cutest fluffy sheepdog!).

The design world can seem stuffy at times, yes?

Exterior of Michael Ladisic's dream house in Peachtree Park

Not so at Design Indulgence, and if
you have followed her
you'll know she made over
her bedroom with stunning results.

loving this gallery wall moment

The room went from ivory to ebony, 
with nary an early 1980's reference.



So many gorgeous details to deconstruct.


The bedroom went from quiet cottage cozy...

before

to

during

va va voom and tranquil.

voila

You don't typically use va va voom
and tranquil in the same sentence,
but think about a bedroom's
multifunctionality for a moment...

And since this is a PG-13 blog,
we need a palate cleanser:

Image result for gif bedroom jumping on bed

That's better.

sweet Cami

Sherry is such a loving mama,
and she openly shares the highs and lows
of caring for her pets.

before

This pretty reading area got the Sherry treatment.

Isn't the chair on fleek? (I just said on fleek.)

Think HGTV would consider Sherry
and me for a design series called
Sher and Shel's Excellent Adventure?
It'd be Fixer Upper meets Laverne & Shirley.

Image result for gif laverne and shirley

We would wear letter sweaters
annnnnnd, I dunno, totally re-design
the home of Keanu Reeves?

Image result for keanu reeves

I'm totally losing my focus now.
Okay.
Why is her blog such a must read?
Because design. And commentary.

Exhibit A:
screenshot hilarity for designfreaks from today:


Oh my lord, she kills me.
I love how Sherry engages her audience irreverently,
self-deprecates, and demystifies so much
of the design biz.



Don't try to count the number of times she
has freaked out over pretty pillows, scrambled
to meet a deadline, or celebrated a good bargain.


But do watch her style a shelf like...

Image result for gif wonder woman

and recover creatively when she hits a snag.

Image result for gif woman recovery
Well done, Sher.

Back to serious gorgeousness.


One of my favorite elements in
the room is Metrie trim which added so
much interest to the walls and ceiling.

ceiling before



Right?

before

Sherry even re-styled her bathroom,
incorporating beautiful photography.
I'm taking notes.


Feels so cozy and classy in here.

photographs in bath by Karl Blossfeldt

There's more to celebrate in SherryTown...

Her house has just been featured in this magazine!

Congratulations on all the beautiful
work, Sherry, and thank you
for bringing me smile after smile
as you share your adventures.


You're kind of a big deal now, Sherry, but think about the show...and Keanu.

Peace to you right where you are.


Sharing this with these blogs.

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Sherry is indeed incredibly talented and funny. I love reading her blog and seeing all of the beautiful rooms she designs. Not to mention her finds from Scott's antique market.

    You make my day, you are so funny, sweet, inspiring and wonderful! I would love to see you have a show with Sherry! I think it would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is the best. have your people alert HGTV and get sherry on board! xox

      Delete
  2. OMGOSH!!! You nailed it!!! Sherry is a longtime favorite of mine for all of the above reasons. I knew that someday she would be discovered for the true talent she is and has been for a very long time, and now she is on her way up,up, up. Thanks for writing this, it was a fantastic read!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend. you make blogging so much fun, and we should ambush sherry in atlanta...

      Delete
  3. Wow this was amazing and I concur on all you said about Sherika😀😀 she is as funny as she is talented- and I would love to tune in if the two of you get a deal to do a show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tina! from your lips to sherry's to the producers at BRAVO! thanks for being so fun. xox

      Delete
  4. Hi Michele, I'm a bag fan of Sherry! She does black and white and all shades of gray so well! That wall behind her bed is so dramatic and beautiful, it just sets off everything else she's done in the room to perfection!
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! i think anyone who has followed this ORC has contemplated painting their bedroom black or just blowing it up and starting over because she has outdone herself and made it work without it feeling austere, goth, or depressing. i'm taking notes!

      Delete
  5. You are so sweet and the feeling is absolutely mutual!!! I have just sat down for the first time in a week to read this as I have totally overbooked myself and my life is too damn crazy!!! Please know how much I love you and hopefully we will meet in person one day. xoxo Sherika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for taking a break to read it...I just wanted to shower you with love because you make so many of us every single time you post. I hope to see you someday soon so we can flesh out the details of the show. I will be having my people get with Keanu's soon. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah by the way.....we could totally rock a design show:) Plus I wish you would tell my husband how cool I am cause he is just not getting it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband would get along just fine with mine and my sons. They think I have an "imaginary career" and can't imagine how I can still be so passionate about pretty rooms!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Merci, Mary Ann! So much talent to admire in her and you! xox

      Delete
  8. I love running into Sherry at Scott, she's always so funny and pretends to remember me! LOL. I really think she's amazing and I refer to her as my design blog friend, I wish to spend a day running around with her!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!