Artist Inspiration: Watercolors by Toko Ohmori

April 15, 2010


Listless.
It's the quality Japanese artist
Toko Ohmori
longs to paint on the faces
of the women in her fashion illustrations.

She succeeds magnificently.
Her stunning work has graced book covers,
magazines like Elle Japan,
and products such as Max Factor.

On her creative process and interests, she says: 


"I draw pictures simply because I can create my world on paper (or screen) and I love this.  I am very fond of faces and bodies creating a listless atmosphere... I love the listless feeling and mental conflict of a wavering woman...a sensation of transparency, a momentary feeling and imbalance are existent in these."


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!