Around Chicago: Bradley Hughes

February 09, 2013

The new BRADLEY showroom in Chicago. We're now located in suite 6-157. Photo by Eric Hausman.:

Just in case you are new around here...
I am not a professional interior designer.
I decorate and soak up inspiration from pros.

Former Chicago BRADLEY HUGHES Showroom.  Merchandise Mart Suite 1855.    BRADLEY HUGHES products shown in this photo:  Bianca Center Table, Bernard Console, 2 Dean Lamps, Lucille Chandelier, Antique Mirror Wall Panels. Photo by Eric Hausman:

I cannot order yardage
of Fortuny for you unless it's on eBay.
I don't understand snappy jokes where
Barbara Barry or Dorothy Draper
are mentioned in the punchline.

Donna Hughes oils available in CHICAGO #Bradley:

This quirky blogger is certainly not privvy
to the secret handshake.
(Though I once witnessed Darryl Carter and Mary McDonald
greeting each other with a three-fingered 'sign of the chevron' thing.*)


Jillian O'Neil Interior Design Foyer at the Chicago design center's Dream Home 2012 Featuring BRADLEY HUGHES 'Babs' Table and 'Reuben' Ottoman. Mart Dream Home:


I am but a humble friend to designers.
A creative dynamo with a paintbrush who mostly
writes, hangs out with designfreaks online, and gets
downright giddy about decor publications, interiors, and firms like
one of my hometown heroes: Bradley Hughes.

Thanks to Frank Ponterio for using the "Wendy" mirror in the powder room of his Ritz-Carlton showcase apartment in Chicago.:

Ahhhhhhh, their sexy signature pieces
and the artwork of Donna Hughes!

So stunning and so moving!
Glimpsed it first when we
toured Chicago's Dream Home in 2011.

Remember this?



foyer - Julia Buckingham Edelman. Paintings - Donna Hughes


Kitchen - Shawna Dillon. Lights and artwork - Bradley Hughes




Bradley Hughes designs and manufactures
custom furnishings and art pieces for interior designers.

Here is a peek at the 2012 Dream Home Chicago kitchen.




Crazy bout this Donna Hughes piece:




Under her father, Vincent Cassaro's tutelage,
Hughes seemed a prodigy at the age of ten.

Her talent for color and composition
is transportive and soothes weary souls:




"For me, painting is more than a passion!
There always has been an internal desire to
recreate the beauty around me." - Donna Hughes




If I could climb inside a Donna Hughes painting
to rest and dream and escape
the pains of modern life,
sister, I would.



To keep current on Bradley Hughes happenings,
find them in blogland here and on facebook.
Or if you wanna be truly rad, come to Chicago
and visit their showroom at the Merchandise Mart
right here...give me some notice, and I'll meet
you in Chi-town.

Charmed by this lovely hometown hero of mine?

Peace to you right where you are.
  


*for a fee, I will teach you the three-fingered 'sign of the chevron'
so you won't look as silly at your next design convention.



You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Charmed indeed! His work is wonderful and so soothing! I hope your Mom is doing well today!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs. The artwork ia gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing them. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bewitched! Beautiful artistry and stunning interiors--thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your posts!!!The artwork is beautiful!! Maybe she would want to show in my Houston Gallery!! Simply stunning!! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful spaces! I realy liked the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really beautiful spaces,
    luxurious and so appealing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY charmed....super talented. I am always in awe of anyone who has this gift, you included Michele! How is your mom doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely ~ yes.

    And I remember when
    you first introduced us
    to these show house pics.

    It's the simple, married
    with punches of the unique,
    that speak to me.

    Off to check out the blog!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE your posts Michele! Thank you for sharing some incredible spaces!!! What beautiful paintings too. Have a great week:), Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful paintings! So much depth to them, what a talent! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Love the paintings... they are amazing. There is a mood about the whole look that pulls at something in me...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still kinda perplexed that no one has taken me up on learning the secret handshake...it's like you don't believe me?!?

    :)
    :)
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her style. The showroom at ADAC is over the top and I leave a little drool every time I go in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice blog and posting. Thanks so much for the very kind mention. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great posting and blog. Thanks so much for showing our Game Room, Bradley is the greatest. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!