Personal Reflections: this is how love works

February 11, 2013



Sooooooo...posts demanding the most
courage to press 'publish' generate
the most heartfelt responses?
Of course.
Just when I fear I'm straying from the blog's agenda,
I remember. Oh yeah. Cool. This blog has no agenda.

You have showered me with much warmth
and support in the past few weeks;
I wish there was a way to reflect it.
To shine the love back.

I'll try.


Thank you for listening
(feels like love).
Thank you for beaming the girl
with new rosy trifocals
and her family
such encouraging messages
(feels like love).
Thank you for rarely tweeting
"PLEEEEZ JUST GET
OVER YOSELF, beyotch"


Thank you for swimming with me
in shallow waters and deep places too.

Ilse Jacobsen, anyone?

For helping a child-woman who writes
about substance and fluff and the mysteries betwixt,
feel there is a place for her on the web.


BTW, in case you haven't noticed,
I'm pretty cozy with the mystery.
The gaps and grey and complicated
loose threads that won't be
forced into a simple pretty bow.


Uggggggh, this shot is awkward, but my sister
had a migraine and couldn't shoot. Dang.
At least the shoes are cute (thrifted in Paris).



Thank you for embracing a designfreaky
blogger's quirky irreverent humor...


And always looking for the light with me.

(Obvi it can be a figurative glass, but i prefer you tipsy.)

xox.

Peace to you right where you are.







You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. This post is exactly why I LOVE your blog!...you are fresh, inspiring, beautiful and your writing and photos always get me thinking!!
    Have a wonderful Monday....xoxo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: LOVE the outfit!!!!
    :) Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone with a
    figure that great
    can definitely rock
    the bifocals!!!

    Love ya,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait let me get this straight, you are witty, smart, a great cook, an amazing singer, decorate, paint AND have a killer body.....ughh! I love how you speak from the heart and always captivate your audience with what you have to say.....totally enchanting Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thoroughly enjoyed this post michele, you are lovely!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You RAWK those cute boots and shoes. You are a star my darling! Big smooches xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. michele, You are lovely inside and out and it is a pleasure to follow along with you in deep or shallow waters. Love you sweet girl,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure look ADORABLE in that outfit, girl!!! I am at the point where I HAVE to go get glases, REAL glasses, not "readers"!!! You have so many talents it is a little overwhelming. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you and your blog, sweet Michele. I am so happy to be back sot hat I can get a little inspiration from my sweet friends.
    Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so sweet thank you!
    Super cool boots!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. god but you're CUTE!! you ROCK ALL those looks!;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhhh you peeps are crazy. my sons would die if they saw this post and comments!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe they should see it~always wonderful for them to see such a hot, popular mom type!! :) Love your blog Michelle...such a spot of reality, comfort and whimsy (with a big glass of red!)
      xx, Heather

      Delete
  13. Oh Michele. I'd fallen behind waiting for my own "what's next." So busy dealing with my own bowl of suffering that I lost track of what others out there have been served. Time to put on my own big girl panties. I'm feeling your grief over your mom's pain right there with you. Your way of laughing through it all is inspiring me as I continue to sort through the complicated path that is getting my parents to a place of safety, health and happiness. Sending so much love your way. Thanks for the smiles, and the reminder that I'm not alone. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you!! Love this and back at ya! That's right.. NO AGENDA. This is just supposed to be fun and a way to connect, give back, and support each other. Hugs to you Michele!

    P.S. ..and you got me ranting this morning Lol! darn potty mouth..

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  15. when are you coming to NYC so I can give you a great big hug?!! I know you're having a tough time of it-but I'm thinking of you and your entire beautiful clan :) Come visit me soon-- we will each flourless chocolate cake and drink champagne--maybe dance on a table or two!! BTW--you totally rock that look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you get so cute??? You're quirky and beautiful and creative... all the best stuff. Love this post, and love your pink glasses!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. yer checks are in the mail!

    :)
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are the ultimate cool chic. And you take a pretty good picture I might add.....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!