{Artist Inspiration} Roseline Granet

April 10, 2013




Today, with a moment to daydream about
French lovely actually experienced
(daydream + dejavu + woozy),
I invite you to join me on a
daydreamavoo rendezvous
to Paris.
*
A few months ago, my
senses were overcome with
all things Paris lovely
including
ART, art, ART
EVERYWHERE.

(My favorites breathe outside of the Louvre btw.)

Entrance of Park Hyatt Vendome - Paris


The bronze sculptures inside and out
of the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome,
for example, wooed me and
play a starring role
in this daydreamavoo of ours.

They were magnificently created
by this talented French visual artist:


roseline granet dans son atelier à meudon
still at work!

Roseline Granet.
Born in 1936,
she studied design and painting
in New York in 1954
and then sculpture in Paris.

With sculptor Jacques Delahaye,
she founded the Clementi foundry
in Meudon, near Auguste Rodin's studio.
Shall we daydream about the yummy foundry another day?
Cool.


expérience des collégiens : ange

Isn't this dream-a-woozy peek
at the
fresh infancy of one of her
sculpted beauties both
inspiring and enchanting?

sculptures de roseline granet

Examples of Granet's human figures in movement.




This shot was taken in my half
of the Park Hyatt's dreamworthy
spacious bathroom (lit with the
most amazing natural light).
Functional art!




I loved sharing space with Granet's
mesmerizing forms who are
floating, stretching, and soaring
throughout this palace hotel.

For more pics of our suite, visit my post here.



a fabulous wine, oui. more bout that later.

In this shot alone, you may spy
FOUR lovely, weightless works.





Again with the woozy artful hardware!
Care for a peek outside?



Ahhhhhhhh.
Sans screens.
Sans noise.
An inner sanctum of Paris lovely.


My husband's half of the bathroom. Notice the door's lever to the WC.



I cannot wait to return to this amazing hotel,
and the first thing I will do is deeply inhale
their signature scent by Blaise Mautin.

Should you have the chance to see,
smell, snooze, spa, or sip at the
Park Hyatt Paris Vendome,
you will not be disappointed.


my photo - inside le spa

This is the part of the rendezvous when we
slip into a lush terry robe and drift downstairs
to the hotel's spa for sauna, steam, and quiet.
I have a sneaky suspicion another
daydreamavoo rendezvous awaits us...oui?

Peace to you right where you are.









You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. The bronze sculptures are fabulous. I love that they are incorporated as hardware. So chic!! Thanks for sharing more on this handsome hotel.
    I hope you are well, my friend!
    Lots of luv,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and etherial! The sconces and the window handle were my favorites. Such beautiful detail. Keep dreaming pretty thoughts sweet girl,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Michele...and might I say you look so chic sitting there like a local:) What a wonderful trip....ahhh being in Paris in the spring right now sounds like pure heaven. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh i wish i truly blended in with paris. just frontin it all the way.

    feelin fierce, saucy, and F.I.N.E. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, the statues are amazing! Gorgeous spot you stayed in..even the hardware is pretty:)

    Thinking of you and sending light your way.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Park Hyatt hotels everywhere. Now, another one to discover. I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bronze sculptures really like her little crowd of people.

    Glad to hear you're feeling well and I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

    Hugs to you my friend!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go....sounds wonderful...especially the spa and sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my mme. garnet's work is whimsical and artful.
    feeling better michelle?
    xo
    debra

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!