DIY: Recipe for Chicken Salad with Wild Rice & Beluga Lentils

January 18, 2017

image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Recipe Chicken Salad with Wild Rice

Since we cannot have too many recipes for chicken,
and this one reminds me of springtime,
let's kick any January blues directly to the curb with
Chicken Salad with Wild Rice & Beluga Lentils.

Yum.

I whipped this up a while back when I craved
Dijon, and recipes don't get easier than this one
since I actually picked up Archer Farms
wild rice and lentils pre-cooked in pouches!
Shhhhhh.
Don't judge Shortcut Suzy here...she has priorities.

Let's talk Maille Dijon.
It's a delicious
discovery we made while in Paris...
is it my turn to return to Paris yet???

image result for blonde Michele of Hello Lovely Studio in Musee Carnavalet with her camera
At Musee Carnavalet getting my Marie Antoinette ON like Donkey Kong.

I came up with this chicken salad
recipe in 2013 when I was struggling
with  a sensitivity to gluten.

Hallelujah, I am thrilled to report
that eliminating all gluten for about a year
and then introducing it in limited quantities
led to recovery so I'm able to eat it again.

Because I love bread like Oprah loves bread, child.
Like Joanna Gaines loves shiplap.
Like Kanye loves Kanye.

The bread talk has me thinkin about cake.
image result for how do i like my eggs in a cake
Pin me, I'm fun.


But bread. Aint it grand?
I bake homemade sourdough from a fermented
starter I have kept alive for 24 years.
I recently taught a small group of women to
make this special bread, so perhaps, I will
share a tutorial someday if I learn about video.

You'll find the chicken salad recipe below,
integrated into a handy Pinterest collage.

Speaking of collages, only because
the beautiful and brilliant Jean Louise
asked me to do this, I created a pin-able
version of my prayer of the heart

My prayer...CLICK TO ENLARGE

So maybe try this chicken salad recipe, and whether it
sizzles your bacon (omg, you could sooooo add bacon!),
or not, you'll have a lovely dish for a photo opp
for your blog, IG, P, FB, or SC (do you snapchat?).

Can I recommend a musical masterpiece to listen to
as you prepare this quick dish?

I ask thee...how could one feel anything but bliss
while bopping around the kitchen,
chopping green apples to these Swedes?


*...and do notice how charmingly Abba pronounces 'my destiny' HA!

Right?

image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Hello Lovely Chicken Salad with Wild Rice

image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Have you tried  Maille Dijon?

The table runner you are seeing is plain ol kraft paper
stenciled with a French Poem stencil from Royal Designs.
image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Killer Combo.
image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Archer Farms saves me a ton of time, but you purists can get down wit yer bad selves and do the extra cooking.
image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
This French Poem stencil made the table runner a quick easy DIY...I use the stencil over and over!

image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Chicken Salad with Wild Rice and Lentils on a Stenciled Table Runner
image result for recipe chicken salad wild rice lentils apple
Because standing on top of your dining table to snap 3,000 photos of salad is freakin fun for a high achiever.

Easy healthy recipe gluten-free Chicken Salad with Wild Rice, Lentils, and Granny Smith Apples
YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PIN THIS.

Chicken Salad With Wild Rice & Beluga Lentils

2 cups diced chicken breasts
(I grilled mine)
1 cup cooked white rice
8.5 oz. cooked wild rice
8.5 oz. cooked beluga lentils
2 small granny smith apples, diced

Whisk and add to above:
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
4 Tbsp. orange juice
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
S&P

Lord have mercy, this post has turned into
chicken salad with a Paris twist and
a pinnable prayer with Abba on the side.
Let's keep Hello Lovely weird but nice and wrap it up
with bunch of pink boxes for you to click
to read more lovely posts.

Woohoo!






Think you'll try this?

Let me know if it's a keeper!

Peace to you right where you are.



Hello Lovely Studio Michel pointe shoes ballet slippers denim



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. OMG - that looks insanely delicious. I have had that Spring/Summer state of mind thing going on and this dish is the perfect compliment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. share photos if you make it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because there is a practically perfect daily prayer, a GF, mustard centric tasty dish for tonight's dinner, a Francophile DIY, something Swedish, Pantone's color of the year stylized...with Target treats... This is your Blogger "Mic Drop"! Merci bouquets for the printable prayer; Pinned, Post, and Printed all before 8 a.m. Peace-

    ReplyDelete
  4. you already know what i'm gonna say...i bow to you, madame lily. merci for the kindness and le nudge. xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!