Artist Inspiration: Ceramicist Margaret Boozer

March 09, 2016




Obsessed with circles at the moment,
what a lovely joybuzz to discover artist
Margaret Boozer
and her gorgeous installations
of dirt cookies and steel.
(This joybuzz word...I think I made it up,
and I think I'll keep it for awhile.)

ART02

Boozer's Red Dirt Studio in Mt. Ranier, Maryland
has behind it a pit of red clay she accesses
to create sculptures emphasizing the natural
texture of the material as it dries and cracks.



Isn't this fascinating?


Lobby - 2121 K Street, Washington D.C.


boozer-wall



From This Distance: Djibouti

I can't get enough of the concentric beauty.
Some of her intriguing commissions live in
embassies far from her native Alabama.


Dirt for Dubai


Tables created for Darryl Carter's store opening in 2012

She has worked with
Darryl Carter
on
multiple design projects.


Chandelier - private residence


The tones of this piece at left are perfection.


You Cannot Step Twice


Smoky Horizon + Lavender Earth




Whether it nurtures the seed,
firmly supports a tree,
or becomes a muse
for a talented ceramicist,
isn't dirt lovely?

Peace to you right where you are.





You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Yes Michele, she is fabulous....
    It reminds me of my pottery plates where they feel almost barbaric and primitive right?
    I have been waiting and excited to reveal some of my pottery in my etsy and be able to get enough done for my personal use somI can do a wall of my misshapen plates, yes my plan... And here it is played out much like I envisioned for myself but a bit more modern.

    I can see a piece like this done in your home.
    I had a home in the 90's that I used ceramic what they called coin tiles in my entryway all round tiles the size of a fifty cent piece and they were multi Browns grouted with a cement grey, yes remember the early 90's but then all the furniture store were of rich wood tones I had amazing comments on it, accented with French Rocco pieces so now you see the picture.

    Love this wall and your new word...joy buzz ? It's a great discription of how it moves you.
    Off to create now talk soon.

    You always give us a joybuzz when we visit your place.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can totally see this type of installation in our house...yes! no, no, YOU are the joybuzz, dore.

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle, Great post! I love the natural, earthy feel of her work and the aged quality that it imparts. Such talent!
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's something spiritual in the process and emotions her work evokes. she doesn't have control over how the clay will ultimately crack and change so it has a life of its own. thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. It is interesting Michele! ..thanks for sharing I like your new word;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really beautiful installations! I'd love to have one of those in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen anything like this! I LOVE the circle installations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally feeling the wonderful art install with texture and interest! THanks for sharing!! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Michele - such gorgeousness! I love and appreciate how you share the talents of yourself and others. Beautiful creativity and thoughtfulness. Thank you again!
    JoanMarie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!