My Art: Quiet Strokes...living more soulfully

May 14, 2011

all photos and art pieces by me

Creating and living more soulfully
go hand in hand for me.
When I feel full of hope and energy,
I create.
When I feel lost and weary,
I create.
When I feel a divine presence,
I create.

In between? A lot of praying and creating.

I am now in the mood for quiet strokes
and want to share some new
mixed media by me inspired by
the tranquilty of oceans,
the hushed tones of nature whispering,
and the poetry of my sweetest dreams. 

16x20 mixed media on canvas
(duct tape, acrylics, ink, and SECRETS)

beachy union jack I surprisingly favor.
Though I have done other Union Jacks
since EVERYONE is crazy about 'em
(shoe-ins to sell), this is the one I like for myself
(but still for sale!!!!).

mixed media abstract pair (WAVE) with vintage dictionary pages


3' x 4' textured acrylic abstract

Couldn't snap a decent photo of this baby.
Tones are muted blue-greys, cream, and umber,
but it has layers upon layers of texture my camera
cannot capture with the light available.


a square LOVE piece on wood
and a small 8x10 collage on canvas

textured little 8x10s on vintage book covers
piece on right was created with a secret chemical process!

the LOVE SQUARE in more detail


Quiet strokes of lovely
is a prescription for myself as
my health is fragile at the moment.

The gift of creativity is
oh so very welcome as I recover
my energy, my RAWR, and my peace.
Sharing it with you helps me heal a little.

It's not a secret I live with Crohn's disease,
and this flareup is but another bump in the road!

Good thing I am gifted for making
inflammatory bowel disease so SEXY and CHIC.

thanks so much for stopping by,
and i hope you'll click follow
and leave a comment so i can
follow you back.

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Beautiful art Michele. I know what its like to love with a chronic illness. I hope this flare will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the UJ picture, of course!
    So sorry you are feeling under the weather...I am sure Crohns is becoming more prevalent, nasty little bu**er!
    But, hey, you ARE a sexy, chic picture of lovliness. What's the secret????
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a faded style union jack piece too, it's been sitting for a while... you have inspired me to finish it! I love yours, it's very beautiful. I want to put mine in the bedroom, i wanted the colours muted and restful.
    I hope you feel better soon. It's not fun being poorly. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your artwork they're beautiful. I know what it's like to live with something annoying, take my husband and my arthritis, Im encased in it, the arthritis but I keep moving so never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are awesome. thank you so much for reading.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a talented artist, Michele! Love your work! Have you ever looked in to taking Wheatgrass for your Crohn's?? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike with us both posting Union Jack posts yesterday! Your artwork is simply lovely.

    I want to say you always leave wonderful comments on my blog with thought behind them - I always look forward to hearing your feedback! XOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww hunny so sorry you aren't feeling too great at the moment and if there was ever a posterchild to make Crohn's sexy and chic, it would most definitely be you ;)

    Your art as always is utterly utterly gorgeous - I am still looking at mine more often than I should because it just makes me smile!

    Big huge hugs baby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your flare up, hope it goes away very soon.

    Your art, truly, is so beautiful. I always feel like it speaks to my soul.

    Your union jack is utterly gorgeous. Usually I find union jacks a bit common, but your muted, beachy beauty is divine!! As is all your other art, your mixed media pieces are so creative and genius! Loving your soulful quiet strokes series!

    Hugs to you, sweet lady!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry, Michele, to hear that you suffer with a chronic illness. Kind of makes life a little more up and down than normal, doesn't it? I have severe chronic depression and I know the anxiety and debilitation that comes with surprise flare-ups. Your work shows so much love and creativity; not a hint that it's creator felt anything less than wonderful and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the soft faded colors you have used. I hope you are feeling better this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle,

    I'm not sure why, but your art always speaks to my soul. I can feel a connection and I feel the beauty in it. It's really something profound.

    I admire you for so many reasons, my friend.

    Have a blessed week!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS: I'll pray for you to get better.

    Hugs to you, my friend.

    Luciane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning my friend,

    I am a huge admirer of your art pieces -- and of you. (Love the mixed media. Especially that you incorporated a wooden piece. Very nice. Michele).

    I am by your side - in up time and not so up time.

    Sending you tons of good energy and warm thoughts.

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those muted hues. They are so understand and pretty. I would love it if you would link this up to my Marvelous Mess party!! Every week I pick one project to feature on my sidebar!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-mess-13-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely soft swoon-y artwork michele! i am hoping you are feeling better, and Dammit, i am so sorry you live with a Crohn's disease!! so glad creating has brought you some peace and energy.
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing the peacefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful tranquil art! It shows soft emotions wonderfully. Hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for linking this up to FNF

    ReplyDelete
  19. Back again... I wanted to also let you know how much I LOVE your gorgeous home!! Absolutely stunning!! For some reason, I am not finding a place to leave a comment on that page- I have stopped by a few times and haven't seen it yet but wanted to tell you that I love your gorgeous home and say thanks for sharing this at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. very beautiful!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are beautiful! I love the "love" piece! Praying for healing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!