Lovely Finds: FIVE DOLLAR fabulous (2)

May 04, 2011



$5 FABULOUS
was so fun, I'm back at it again.

Look what lovely you can add
if you skip that third glass of white
the next time you dine out!

Not that I am suggesting you cut back
on your booze to buy more stuff.
Especially if you're feeling hormonal.
Or have been contacted by the producers of "Hoarders."

Oh heavens to Betsy,
hate the game not the playa...
it's just that I personally feel tipsy
upon finding lovely for cheap.



1.
Pretty and pre-owned.
About $5 for these in a lot of 5 pairs
on eBay in my size...and I met the lovely
seller who shares my shoe size--thanks, Gretchen
and don't your shoes look cute?!?



2.
Vinyl letters or numbers for your walls.



I buy mine at Wise Decor.
They rub on easily, and you can even
do what I did: rub it on, paint over it when
you change the color of the room,
then peel it off and handpaint the letter in
a color of your choice.
(Paint here is Ruby Doux by Sherwin Williams.)



3.
Interesting wood boxes.
Great for storage, flowers, or nothing.
Never too costly at a garage sale,
and look: mine is DANGEROUS
and makes me feel rock 'n roll.



4.
Luxurious hand soap.
The bottle caught my eye, but it was the
Ginseng-Papaya awesomeness that sealed it...TJ MAXX.



5.
Vintage prayer book.
This palm-sized one from the 30s
was made in Belgium and well-loved.
Now it brings more love to me than
any glass of 'house white' ever could.



6.
China.



Less than $5!
Not bad and you can use
it to hold jewelry or as art.



7.
Baseballs.
If I see an old one at a tag sale,
it has to come home with me.
My husband and sons play,
and the memories of watching them are gold.


8.
Feminine bracelet.
On clearance at Target,
this one is the most to die for quiet
blush color and real leather to boot.



9.
Fun strappy bracelet.
Also on clearance at Target,
this leather one is sexy and gold--
although I was relentlessly teased
with WONDER WOMAN references
when I wore it.


10.
Flipflops.

More ideas here.

Do I still have your approval
for my $5 Finds???????

Stay lovely, and I hope you'll follow
so I can follow you back.

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Love your finds!! If I could wear flip flops all year around, I would be in heaven! I love the pink flowered bracelet too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your my kind of shopper. I'm visiting you from SSS and wanted to say how much I like your blog. Love your header....nice to meet you
    Hope your day is great

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! Me likey it all!!
    I want to make a collection of vintage baseballs, since my husband loves baseball and has played for many years (for fun...he wishes professionally).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle!!!
    You are the sweetest friend EVER!! Thank you so much for Friday's post! I have been so crazy busy lately and haven't had the time to even get on the computer! We had a family walk through our home a week ago and want us out in a week! CRAZY!! I didn't realize the sell of my home would happen so quickly... I didn't prepare myself... mixed emotions. We're off to Midway and back to the drawing board which I am grateful for! Thanks to your blog I'll get some incredible inspiration;)
    Your blog inspires and lifts! You're a gift to so many and thank you for sharing your sweet spirit! I adore you!!

    lol,
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds, especially love those shoes and bracelets!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually tried when I was out and about to do your $5 finds, I failed but I found some wonderful $100 finds...lol. The husband wasn't amused! Love the shoes you found on ebay, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just hearing about this $5.00 finds thingy. I will try to participate next time!!!! Love what you found!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god that 'Explosives' Box is just AMAZING! I can't believe you got that for a fiver? You are so totally rock and roll. I never find good stuff at garage sales (or 'car boot' sales as they are known here) - it's always rubbish! Meh. Loving the bracelets as well - own that Wonder Woman look! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is amazing! I'm so glad you found me! I'll be checkin' back of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower! I love your blog. I'll be coming back regularly. Come visit me at http://littlekatieontheprairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good stuff Michele...real good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your $5 finds. Those shoes... beautiful! Everything else you've shown us is lovely too. Glad I found your blog via Laurie @ Heaven's Walk.

    Off to look around a bit & follow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous finds as usual...thank you for inspiring ! xo
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds lovin the cute flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Find more, find more!!! I love it......B:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How do you find shoes for 5 bucks??? They're soooo cute! So delicate!

    Loving this, sweetie... You know how to bargain! :-)

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How many times do I need to say that I am sooooo going shopping with YOU one of these days! You have the best eye!

    (And I am also a huge TJ Maxx fan!).

    Very clever using the stencil first, peeling it off and then paint following the lines. I might need to copy that idea!

    Warm hugs to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luciane-
    i search eBay for "made in Italy" + "shoes" + "size 35." this pair was in a lot of 5 pairs i bought from a classy chick for $27 total. it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy cow batman! Got to love those $5 deals - quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. who doesn't love $5.00 finds? Love those shoes! Fantastic post and lovely blog. I have to be your follower, found you through Common Ground link.
    Have a fantastic day!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh...great finds! I'm following you now!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely ideas. I am so glad I discovered your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great finds...each and everyone. Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!