Artist Inspiration: Kate Schelter GALACTIC LOVELY

May 31, 2011


Discovered this cooooooool watercolor
and fell in love with what I learned
is a dress (called Coco Weekender)
from Gypset's debut collection called
the Galactic Weekender.

The idea?
You can beam between Bahia, Senegal, Saint-Germain-des-Prés
and back in one weekend and in one mini-dress.

Don't you love the planetary electric pink lemonade vibe?


FYI: Antennae Galaxies formed after a collision 200-300 million years ago.
A similar collision of The Milky Way and Andromeda is expected
to occur as well...we have only several billion years to pick out the right
Gypset mini for the smashup.

Where does one wear a piece from the new collection?

Hmmmm.
Besides a quick trip to the Antennae Galaxies,
how about that clambake shindig at the McAllister's?

I have yet to be invited on a galactic mission
or to a clambake.
I have no friends named McAllister.
I feel depressed now.
And the worst part is. I never. learned. to read.


This pic cheers me right up though!

Gypset is about ethnic fabrics reworked
with an urban silhouette, and how cute
is urban Kate workin' the Coco Weekender?



In addition to galactic minidresses, Gypset offers super cool
Basquiat sarongs made of African fabrics with bright 80s acid-color trim.



Cool lipstick watercolor from Kate.

Learn more about the talented
stylist Kate in posts authored by an honest
(this adds to the fun, dude)
here and here.

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. anybody having trouble leaving a comment? can you contact me if you are? thanks so much.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Galactic Weekender! I find the wonders of space so very fascinating (can't take the geek out of the girl) and recently gifted my man the 'COSMOS CLOSE UP' book, but I've been hogging it! I find galactic and nebular formations tremendously inspiring.

    Love Kate Schelter, as always!

    Hope you're having a lovely week, pretty lady.

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Kate's watercolors and sigh, the dress is cute but to young looking for me. Love that second image you posted, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M,

    You know I love your blog and I'm always seeing something "new" here. I just crave that! Fantastic!

    Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That galaxy picture just blows my mind. How incredibly awesomely mind-blogglingly beautiful? I love it and could stare at it for ages - it makes my attempts to make things look pretty into perspective!!!

    Did you get my email, by the way, with my answers to your questions?

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!