Books: Last Minute Fabric Gifts by Cynthia Treen

October 24, 2011


Prepare to melt.
They're lovely,
They're felt.
And they're made by you.
TRUE!

Designer and textile artist
Cynthia Treen
offers these charming
felt kits with everything
needed to create
lovely
handmade
soft and friendly
pets.

Cynthia Treen Studio

Do you know Cynthia?
With a background in fashion
and product development
her work has appeared
in magazines and on TV.
(Dosa, Martha Stewart Living,
and "Cultivating Life" on PBS.)

kangaroo kit

Cynthia has literally written the book
and I can't wait to
peek inside its pages!

Last-Minute Fabric Gifts: 30 Hand-Sew, Machine-Sew, and No-Sew Projects (Sewing)

The idea of creating these sweetly chic beauties
to give as holiday or birthday gifts
has genuine appeal, yet...

Felt Penguin Kit
Felt penguin kit

how would I ever hand them over?!?
Think I'll hand over the kits instead since
I know many kids and grown-up kids
who would love to make them.


Cynthia is working on the next book
(sewing and embellishment techniques),
and I am so grateful she shared a few
glimpses of her gorgeous artistry.

Learn more about the artist at her blog.

I'll keep you posted on the new book
and do consider the felt kits as you holiday shop.

Perfect gifts for those 8 years and up,
and requiring only basic sewing
(a whipstitch).

Which little Cynthia Treen kit is your favorite?

Peace to you right where you are.






 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Could never make one but they are just precious and I am always in awe of those with skilled hands and oodles of patience to make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and I want to make the penguin but I would want to make several so they all have friends....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REally sweet~these little creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can barely hand sew so this is a perfect sewing project for folks like me!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure i'm in love with that little soft gray bunny...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meltiiiinnngggg... they are so cute! I want to make penguins :)

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These felt kits are so adorable! And it helps boost creativity in just about anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so adorable! I think I'd have trouble giving them away too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!