Books: Hue by Kelly Wearstler

October 01, 2011


Opulent.
Glamorous.
Sensual.
Playful.
Modern.

Kelly Wearstler
brings all these to mind.


While I love living spare
at the moment
(you just never know...)
and with
a quiet palette,
I admire how this designer wields
WILD COLOR
powerfully.
Her designs are never shy
or easily duplicated.



The vignette on right is one of
my all time favorite
Wearstler moments.


An artist (and not Kelly's
young children) painted
this design in her former entry.


Not a new title, but if you are a fan
of color and over the top fun,
you may enjoy
(Ammo Books)
and learning more about
the author here.

Anybody in blog lala land share her
signature "more is more" sensibility?

Peace to you right where you are.



Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.





 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Michele!
    Take one look at my house and you know I am a "more is more" girl! I love collections and carry great sentimental feelings with many of the pieces we have that were passed down from family.
    No minimalist here!
    Love Kelly's edgy design style.
    I love color and she is a genius with colorful designs.

    Thanks for telling us about the book!

    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLAMOROUS is right! These are gorgeous! I have to say that I love the entry way art, not sure why, but I am drawn to it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say WOW!!! You have such a gift for gravitating toward such gorgeous inspiration... this chick is amazing. I have always been drawn to the monochromatic, but this brings color into a whole new light for me - making me realize I need to add a splash of interest here and there. Thanks for always helping me think outside the box!

    lol,
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michele!

    Ok you already know I hate pink but I am all over that black and white staircase and room with pink touches, talk about glamorous! Love this post and Kelly! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo with the pink door and zebra rug is one of my favorite spaces ever, i have it saved on my computer... Oh yeah!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE her style - it's just so OTT and fabulous. I'm a maximalist girl but even I can't carry this kind of colour off with the panache she can. I have to bow to her vision.

    Outstanding! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!