Fashion Inspiration: Lily Ashwell

August 18, 2013




I discovered fashion designer
Lily Ashwell's site a few months back
and HAD to know more about the interiors
of the photo shoot where her creations were styled.

image_thumb578
 Lily Ashwell


So I dug around cyberly and found her
cozy Venice Beach cottage
which glows with
timelessly understated beauty.

Makes me feel so nostalgic.
Our first home was a 1920s bungalow
with an eat-in kitchen exactly like Lily's.
(oh how i miss those mature vintage gardens which
grew so fuss-free and magically!)

 I love Ms. Ashwell's pieces with their
vintage silhouettes and simplicity.

image_thumb576

Could you die?

A few summer pieces are drastically
reduced as she makes room for fall ones.


The studio.

image_thumb570
 Yum.

image_thumb582

 You won't believe me, but I had
this same built-in, just round the corner
from our bungalow's kitchen.
So many memories!
I miss it and can't visit
as it was demolished for a mansion.

image_thumb573
photography by Mark Choiniere

Lily is no clone of mama
Rachel Ashwell,*
whose palette varies,
yet Lily's clothing
harmoniously blends with
Rachel's pastels and prairie couture lovely.

* * *

Isn't this Lily Pad a romantic gem?

Peace to you right where you are.


images via elle and lily ashwell







You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Totally charming and retro and I love it.....think they should hire you as their super model/mama. I can see you wearing all these looks and adding your toe shoes for an added dose of lovliness:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live there!!!....LOVELY for sure!!...thanks for these inspiring photos Miss Lovely...xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gem! I love it. So sad that your bungalow was demolished to make was for something big. I love the charm of a small home - my first was a little gem, too, and fortunately it was bought by someone who loved it as is and has only improved the landscaping. Wouldn't you love to meet for tea in this charming place? XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been curious about Rachel's kids. She's got Mama's creative gene and I see an exciting future in the design world for Miss Lily. Thanks for sharing this post Michele, we used to live next to Venice Beach before our kids came and it was a dreamy time in our lives. There's an ocean of love that can fit inside these tiny bungalows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a wonderful home! Thank you for sharing! I hope that you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so darling and the whole scheme of her clothes/aesthetic flow effortlessly... she's definitely her mother's daughter! Thanks for the treat - made my day!

    xoxo
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talent runs in that family! Big time!! The photos are really beautiful. And that is a charming corner cabinet. I grew up in a bungalow, and that house is still around. But quite different now with its huge additions!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just want to sigh when I see Lily's sweet cottage, studio, and her clothing designs. Sooo nostalgic! My grandmother had a corner cupboard like that, Michele. Such sweet memories.... :) Btw - how are you doing, girlie?

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele,
    her cottage is adorable, so sweet and calming! Her home and designs seem to inspire each other, talented Mom, talented daughter!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes. calming. i love how lily creates this romantic vibe in a world i want to live in. a simpler, no nonsense world.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful ! The house and all the clothes.

    XX
    Anci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her clothes and her cottage are very lovely and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michele-
    Isn't she the most talented person. I love her relaxed, serene areas.
    Lovely post.
    Happy Wednesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! Look at her...Look at that cottage and look at the drop-dead-gorgeous colors. Thanks for bringing this to us!
    Been away for a while...but back for a lot of lovely now!
    Love ya
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could sooo live in that adorable little bungalow. I like small houses, and that studio and the garden are to die for... Thanks for reminding me to go to her site and look around at some of her stuff, expecially if it is on sale!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh cindy, you would rock lily's dustbowl skirt. if i wasn't a midget, i would snag one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!