Books: Tie-dye {shabd simon-alexander}

September 11, 2013


 On my to-do list
is experimenting with shibori,
tie-dye, and dip-dyed stuff.
This book will help:
Tie-Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It

Please don't remind me fall is almost here.
I could care less whether it's in fashion
this season or not, I love the unpredictable
beauty resulting from a few simple steps.
 I'm partial to the indigo schtuff right now.

My nieces could definitely pull off this
tie-dyed extensions look.
Renowned dye artist Shabd Simon-Alexander
is a fashion designer whose clothing is
carried in high-endn boutiques and art
museums around the world.
See what I mean about 'not yer mama's tie-dye?'

Who knew tie-dye could be elegant?
 
 Aren't these pillows fun?


  This is the guide I'll be referring to
for my upcoming diy dye obsession.
(And yeahhhhhh, I'll probably
have to try some neutral tones
cuz I'm nutty for those.)
by Shabd Simon-Alexander
(Potter Craft, 2013)
The book has 22 projects for clothing, accessories, and home decor.
What are YOU creating at the moment?

Peace to you right where you are.








You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I like it Michele! Fun accessories and pillows. The blue at the top would look so pretty on you! Enjoy your day! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  2. God...I did tie dye on everything when I was a teenager! But they weren't quite as pretty as these.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't kidding....some mighty lovely things here, tie down can be gorgeous when done right and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cool book! What I love most about tie dye is each piece is unique. Found an awesome indigo tie-dye pillow at West Elm recently.
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of my hippie days...use to tie die everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was nutty for tie dye too when i was a child of the 70s. still can't believe mom let us use the bathtub for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always proudly been a fan of tie dye...bring it on!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not creating a
    thing outside the kitchen,
    these days....Just trying
    to hang on as the ride
    gets a bit bumpy. But
    I SO admire my creative
    friends like you, bringing
    something cool into
    existence that wasn't
    there, before.

    My mom went back to
    college when I was 11
    to finish her B.A. in interior
    design. I remember when
    she had an assignment to
    try Batik, which is a bit
    like tie-dye, and I've been
    a fan, ever since!

    Hope you are feeling great
    this week, sweet friend.

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I remember tie dye! I love these pillows and I'm so happy to see how chic and fresh it looks here. YOU would look amazing in one of Alexander's outfits why aren't you modeling a dash of tie dye for us?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like tie dye - it´s very charming! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun project! Tory Burch and Proenza Schouler have done some gorgeous things with tie dye, too. Definitely not the kind of tie dye that my older cousins wore in the 70s! Good luck and have fun - and please show us the results! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you come up with! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!