Artist Inspiration {carolyn quartermaine}

February 08, 2016




Do you have secret dream files
saved to your hard drive
as I do?


This one featuring the work of the brilliant
Carolyn Quatermaine
has been with me for years, and its
timeless beauty transports me.





I am looking forward to carving out my studio
space where I write songs, paint, style
lovely vignettes, and can simply BE.


Quatermaine's cheerful palette has my
heart sweetly anticipating Spring
even while the trees are bare here
and the ground frozen through.

M_o_10_oZoubeir_Ben_Hmouda




I picked up the paintbrush the other day
and meditatively created this upstairs
on the catwalk...since we have not yet
added flooring, it was easy to spread
the dropcloth and paint on the
open bridge with light
streaming from all
four sides.

a new work

But back to our inspiring muse.







Carolyn01

The freedom and femininity in her compositions
is such a comfort to my soul.

Carolyn06


Carolyn07

Carolyn08

Carolyn09


Caro9


Caro12

Caro7

Caro10

Caro11


Carolyn11

Carolyn10

Caro5
I just may drape one of my dropcloths over a seen-better-days chaise!

Are you creating something lovely?
Do share!

Peace to you right where you are.

via: moodboard.typepad.com
Australian Vogue Living, Jan 2005
Photographer: Didier Mahieu
Elle, October 2003
Photographer: Jacques Dirand

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Beautiful inspiration! I have seen and heard of her work but have never had the opportunity to see so many examples in one place. I love the work she does with the French script.

    Happy belated birthday. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you too appreciate getting a good dose of her magic... there is not much out there as far as images of her work!

      Delete
  2. Really pretty Michele and I'm glad you've carved out a spot to be creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I actually have saved several of these images, as I adore Carolyn and her artful designs!So ethereal and light!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Michele, i love these too. When i see stuff like this it just gets my creative juices flowing. What a great eye she has that the rooms can be so unconstructed and so perfectly beautiful. ... and that one chandelier is just too wonderful in the mix...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? and i think these images are from the 90s. so timeless.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michele,
    The beds on the floor, I have done this, yea in the 70's all the way up to the now! My guest room had a bed on the floor piled with goodness and pure mopey comfort. It makes me want to do it all over again. What about all those lace backdrops, and painted cloths, wowing me with inspiration.
    Would love that wood Swedish sette. There is to much out there to love, and I must slow my brain down a bit over all I would love to create :)

    The washed grey's you painted so remind me of the distressed work I paint when I purposefully make it feel water damaged with what appears to be dripped on with water overtime. I have been so wanting to create a piece with this mood, but finding time and space was my big issue.
    It's going to look amazing hanging on your landing. You could even trim this off with old salvaged frame work, or leave it in its rustic state of amazement.

    I am off to paint today, and list some of my paper art pieces.

    See you and all you inspire soon...

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely has that waterlogged feel and the distressing you love. thanks for noticing, my friend.

      Delete
  6. This images are looking really awesome. I was searching this type of images only as we want to renovate our house with the help of an interior designer.

    reasonable Home design

    ReplyDelete
  7. This designer is truly magical - I love the light airiness combined with such strong vision. Beautiful!
    JoanMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooh, I agree. it's soft and feminine but has a certain edge so as not to become precious or childish. that is always what I am after.

      Delete
  8. Hi Michelle, What a beautiful post today! I love your aesthetic! I am creating something lovely too.......you can see my new romance paintings at www.hollyirwin.com! Thanks for your lovely inspirations!
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heading over there right now, holly. thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful...these have your name all over them, every single one! I can see why you are drawn to them, like a breath of fresh summer air. Hope you are well my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a high compliment, thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!