I Won an Ikea Contest & Lovely Finds!

February 14, 2016




Ikea recently crowned me one of 
their winners in the
TOGETHER WE EAT contest
where I submitted my story
and recipe for Swedish Pancakes.

To get my recipe and read why this dish has been so
important to me since I was a toddler, go here
and scroll through.

Someday soon I will share a whole stylish post
on our family's pancakes (which means I better
get to decorating the fixer's kitchen!) to give
them the respect they deserve.





A few things I bought for the fixer
with my winnings include
these Ingert Curtains,

INGERT Curtains with tie-backs, 1 pair IKEA

a couple Molger benches,
MOLGER Bench IKEA
these Sanela cusion covers,
SANELA Cushion cover IKEA Cotton velvet gives depth to the color and is soft to the touch. The zipper makes the cover easy to remove.
and Rens sheepskins.
RENS Sheepskin IKEA Wool is soil-repellent and durable.
I still love Ikea's Stockholm rug,



and these cushions.





Unfortunately, there was not a Sinnerlig daybed in stock,
and this was so disappointing since I really wanted
to take one for a test drive.


This Sinnerlig daybed appears to be so versatile!

So grateful to be a winner, and you should definitely
not be shy about submitting your recipes and stories
for such contests...someone has to win!!

Peace to you right where you are.




You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Congrats to you! With your unique, engaging witty writing style (and no doubt good pancakes) I am not surprised one iota that you won a contest! Exciting....hope you had a sweet Valentine's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Michele! What a lovely win and you made stellar choices! Your design style has always intrigued me and look forward to each and every post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love Ikea, my daughter who lives in Madrid is fixing her home with all Ikea furniture and things and in the meantime eats there too.
    Thanks for the pancake recipe. I will pin it.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Michelle, I love all your Ikea décor and you have your own wonderful touch.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and I love all the fun things you picked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, I am in love with the first image, love that room so lovely!!! Of course you know how I love the rug, since I have on in our great room!! Hope all is well with you and yours, thank you for your visits and special comments on my blog, YOU are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! anything with those bold black and white stripes reminds me of you, kathysue, and they are such happy stripes! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I too like their soft rugs;) IKEA is a great spot to find home décor. You've won some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Stockholm rug is indeed fantastic. My kids love it so much I've made it a parent control leverage - don't want to eat that soup...OK, then I'll take away your favorite bear rug...Tell me, am I a good mom?
    .....
    Beth Hughes | Domestic & commercial cleaning expert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! it's been a long while since I had to bribe my kids to eat, believe me, that will change!

      Delete
  10. woo hoo!! you won something! I never win anything, which might have to do with the fact that I never enter anything :) but I love what you picked...I'm off to read about those pancakes ...
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll love them! and start putting your name in the hat--it's fun!

      Delete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!