industrial farmhouse party {Personal Reflections}

May 11, 2016


Welcome to a beautiful industrial farmhouse
which set the scene for my shared 50th birthday
dinner party.


My birthday twin and I have been
friends since our teens and decided
to ring in 50 together at the beautiful home
he and his bride lovingly restored.



They renovated and added on to the original 19th century
farmhouse to create a modern architectural gem.


The entry above is part of the original house,
and though strict historical restrictions caused
construction to proceed at a snail's pace,
all the labor and jumping through hoops
was well worth it!


Wood floors throughout are ebony,
and walls are painted a medium grey.


I gave birth to the dapper gentleman on the right,
who tended bar and signed autographs
since his recent Star Wars YouTube went viral.
(Our son teaches High School and all the actors
in the video are fellow faculty.) 


recipe

House cocktail was a yummygorgeous Blue Monday.


We served dessert in here, and it was truly elegant by candlelight.
I snapped this before the cheesecakes and sweets arrived.


The kitchen is beyond charming with its farmhouse green
base cabinets, white uppers, and long stainless island.
A simple catered dinner of cheese and fruit platters,
light appetizers, pastas, salad, and bread
simplified party planning.


The family room was filled with colorful conversation,
"performance art" (ha!), music, and photo opps.

My brother-in-love was Mr. D.J. and brought a treasure
trove of 1980s hits to get us grooving nostalgic and young.


Here is another view of the farmhouse kitchen
with a carrera topped island separating the breakfast room.


Can you believe some of our pals dressed up
in their '80s letter jackets just for us????
(anyone else humming 'hot child in the city?')



A few loved ones in attendance above and below.





These crazy women who have been
making me laugh since we were 15
traveled distances to celebrate!

"Mexico" typography painting on canvas by me

Here I am with my cousin,
the birthday twin's gorgeous wife
who has supported my art from the beginning
and filled their home with pieces I created.

 
My "Be" collage on book cover

This mixed media collage is one I created
during a painful chapter of my journey
and I am so happy to see it living
in this grace-filled farmhouse.




Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Happy Happy Birthday beautiful Michele, You make 50 look spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend. the face is going. the body is sagging. but i love love love 50!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! ..and those ebony floors:) Love it all and I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday Michele. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the floors are incredible! and the light is amazing. such a fun night. thanks, leslie.

      Delete
  3. How fun to always share your birthday! But you 50? noooooooooooo way!!!! They have done such and amazing job in the restorations--my favs--those green cabinets and your art! FAB!!! have a great day and happy birthday!!! xo Leslie Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i recall when they were building, and my friend said the cabinetry would be light green, i sort of freaked. i was so naive at the time about historical colors and the world beyond white kitchens! thanks, friend.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful loved seeing your family and that house... WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, karolyn. this farmhouse is bursting with so much beauty and love and faith flowing from the homeowners.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Michele!! What a gorgeous home and wonderful company. Looks absolutely perfect for such a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele thank you so much for inviting us to your party! happy belated birthday to you, I so enjoyed seeing the beautiful home your sis has created, wow. She's got great taste too. and how wonderful to be living in a home that's D-O-N-E! I can't even imagine hahaha...
    it looks like a great time and what a cutie bartender too. Isn't it wonderful to see our boys discovering their talents?
    Love the friends who dressed up---that would've been me too.
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!