Decor Inspiration: Paint it Blue {Farrow & Ball Inchyra Blue}

May 21, 2016



Psychologically speaking, blue
 is a color often associated with intuition,
depth, stability, and trust.

A moody blue-grey like Farrow and Ball's
new color Inchyra (no. 289) is
tres rich and sophisticated as seen in
Justine Hand's kitchen pantry update,



Inside scoop to convincingly sound like a
blue blooded elitist at the next interior design fete:

the Ch in Inchyra is pronounced
like China, not Chicago.


Ready for the before?



Boom.




Created for Lord and Lady Inchyra at
Georgian Inchyra House in Scotland,
Inchyra blue is used (see below)
on the exterior doors of
their very impressive byre (barn)
which was restored in 2013.

(I'm gonna try 'byre' on my kids
when they forget their manners...
Were you born in a byre????)



Now let's jet from moody Scottish skies to
the organic purity of Justine's atmospheric pantry.


Farrow and Ball call the color the perfect alternative
to charcoal for use on walls in contemporary homes,
and I think they could be on to something.

SEO: Essential keywords rich description

In west facing rooms Inchyra Blue appears
stronger and less colored in the morning,
gradually intensifying as the day unfolds.

Anyone else repeating the name of this deep color
and loving the sound so much they suspect
they have deep blue problems?

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. OH yes Michele,
    I need a home for every wildly brave and daring part of my soulful living. I once had a kitchen I painted all in Navy blue and I had the most amazing comments from visitors who attended a party or baby show I may have hosted for a friend.
    I filled the cabinets in white China and Pottery pieces. When I moved away from that home I really missed the drama and impact it had on my way of living, it truly was a mood changer.
    This smaller home built for two :) I whitened and brightened it with a more airy salvage white and distressed age due to its surroundings.
    I could so even see your white kitchen painted in a dramatic blue.

    Well I must visit this blueness in Justines pantry.

    See you soon
    Oh and that Scottish view with the blue gated door? Wow!!

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! i had a navy blue kitchen in the 90s in a 1920s bungalow which was the first home we owned! hard to imagine that i lived with so much rich color, but i honestly did and thrived on it. you need to be wide awake when you're parenting little ones, and color can definitely help...not to mention how it stimulates little imaginations. thanks for reminding me, friend.

      Delete
  2. Lately my world has gravitated towards blue and this shade is absolutely delicious! The pantry before and after photos are stunning - such a gorgeous transformation. I have a Farrow and Ball sample booklet that I drool over constantly and this shade will be no exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so glad blue is beckoning. it looks good on you, friend.

      Delete
  3. This color is downright stunning on the cabinets, not to mention the Scottish byre! This may become the new gray for those daring souls brave enough to attempt it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think blue is underrated as a neutral. who could object to a little turquoise ocean or periwinkle sky inside with all the whites? xox

      Delete
  4. I have a sienna red living room that faces south with little to no light. I'd like a blue like this but am afraid it might be too cold. thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!