Lovely Finds: Nasa, Green Tea & Aging Skin {Skincare}

May 18, 2016


Use the code HELLOLOVELY for 25% off at Rejuvel

I truly need a break today from renovating the house,
seeking treatment for chronic migraine,
weaning from one of my meds, and bone
density issues...deal?

How I wish I had taken better care of my skin
years ago...unfortunately, I only began to
to protect and heal it in recent years when my
diagnosis with BRCA2 genetic mutation
(perhaps better known as "Angelina's Thing")
heightened my awareness of my risk for skin cancer.


That was then...young looking skin tomorrow????

After all, I was among the naive fair skinned brethren
self-basting with baby oil on a reflective mylar beach blanket,
never imagining baking in the sun was ignorant or that
my face would end up with more spots and lines
than my mom who never went unprotected into the sun.


This is now (photo of me - Melissa James)

These days it's floppy hats, sunscreen, and smarts
about sun exposure...including options
to repair the damage.


you can always photoshop a tan...

My mission to find products with safe ingredients to
gently restore and repair damage first led me to...

2 orion nebula 20 Most Amazing Pictures of Outer Space

Duuuuuude, Outer space,
NASA and Biomimetic Suspension* 

*a simulated microgravity environment

Why not?
I like science.
I like space missions.
I like healthy potions.
And I like a less scary complexion.






I read about the stellar repair creme Rejuvel 3D
on Marta Wohrle's site Truth in Aging.


Wohrle's praise for Rejuvel and report that it:
is suited for sensitive skin (mine IS), contains no
silicone or fillers, and softens fine lines
was sufficient encouragement to request
a sample to test drive.




The rad science behind Rejuvel?
Its skin renewal properties rely on a Nasa patented
technology you can read about here should you dare
to geek out (as I most certainly do).

Image result for 2015 oscar swag bag

Yes, this space schtuff was
tucked within Oscar swag bags and a winner
of one of Truth in Aging's Best last year, yet what
captured my attention was this key ingredient:


callus cells from green tea

Green tea.
On my radar for the past
four years since my family and I began paying
more attention to an anti-cancer lifestyle,
it is an important substance in my life now.
I am so thankful I love the taste
and smell of green tea which I associate
with inhibiting cancer cell growth.

TIA explains the relationship of green tea with Rejuvel.








Does it soften wrinkles and fine lines without
irritation for this fiftysomething? 
After a month of use, I can say Y e s .
Crowsfeet and fine lines are softened and smoother.

Is my complexion brighter?
A little. I am surprised
because I didn't even know what
loss of brightness meant 10 years ago.

Is it balancing my skin tone?
I see subtle improvement
but the skin in chin and nose areas
retains a darker windburned look.

Does it lighten dark/age spots?
Not yet...I'll keep you posted.
I have one spot near my right cheekbone
driving me bonkers since it just. won't. move. on.


What about hydration?
For me, this serum's punch
is powered in its repair capacity 
more than moisturizing so I must still
layer it with day/night cream.







Which day/night creams?
Still searching for healthy lovely ones
for my sensitive, damaged, aging skin.

I remain on a mission
and will keep you posted.





Join me on a healthy beauty brainstorm to explore
more options for better complexions, hair, and makeup?
F a r  o u t .

Peace to you right where you are.





You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we all are changing our ways ...... no more sun tanning and I'm always telling my patients to stay covered (hats and glasses:)plus SPF. Green tea a free radical scavenger (yay!) and it's also calming so it's perfect for sensitive skin. Thanks for talking about this new product Michele!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. typing too fast ..oops! That should be .. green tea is a free radical scavenger!!

      Delete
    2. so green tea is a lot like me. free. radical. scavenger. wait what? hahaha

      Delete
  3. How much does this cost? I, too, wish I had been more careful when I was younger.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. live and learn! if you take the plunge, use code HELLOLOVELY for 25% discount at rejuvel (dot com).

      Delete
  4. Hi Michele,
    Thanks for this info......I was one of the baby oil tanners too! Yikes! How crazy was that?! You look beautiful, my friend. Thanks for being on the lookout for ways for all of us to improve.
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baby oil tanners unite...what was i thinking. did you have the home tanning bulb lamp too like i did? oy.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michelle,

    I was an aesthetician for 20 years, and although I haven't practiced in 15 - a lifetime by any definition - I have found DeCleor products to be a standout in the skincare arena. There are so many things out there, it can make your head spin. Many of them over rated and overpriced, in my opinion. If you are looking for an excellent day or night cream, I can't think of a better place to start. All of their products are outstanding; natural and contain quality ingredients. Nordstrom used to carry some of their products in store. There may be some spas/salons in your area that carry DeCleor, but now you have to go directly to the DeCleor website to see where to purchase, and to see the entire line - challenging when buying skin care products, but well worth the effort, I think. If you decide to go this route, let me know what you think. Bonne chance! (Love reading about your adventures in renovating.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. merci, lisa. thanks for this recommendation and for following our reno journey!

      Delete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!