Decor Inspiration: 13 white bedrooms & why i love white

August 06, 2016

white bedroom reclaimed wood headboard linen bedding

If you hang out on Hello Lovely at all,
you will notice I am an ambassador for all shades
of the color white for interior design, objects and clothing.

 :

My passion for white increased in 1995 when we
bought our first home, and I began transforming
castoffs and junk with white paint.
Ask anyone who knows me...I never
grow tired of painting stuff white.
If it's possible, my heart has grown fonder.
One of my sons says it stems from my desire to
awaken spiritually and a longing for enlightenment.

Let's take a deeper look at WHITE with analysis
from here as we soak up inspiration from
13 masterfully executed white bedrooms.

 :

White is about purity, innocence, wholeness and completion.

 :

In color psychology white is the color of
new beginnings, of wiping the slate clean.


white tufted headboard cable knit throw

White provides a pathway for creativity...
a canvas to dream and conceive.

 :

White is about balance of all the colors of the spectrum,
representing positive and negative aspects of all colors.

 :

White is refreshing and strengthens your entire energy system.

 :

White is totally reflective, awakening openness,
growth and creativity...you can't hide behind it
as it amplifies everything in its way.

 :

The color is cleanliness personified...the ultimate
in purity...which is why it is traditionally
worn by western brides and lab-coated physicians.

#farmhouse #bedroom #romantic #feminine:

White creates a sense of order and efficiency
which is a great help when we need to declutter. 

 :

White is a color of protection and encouragement,
offering a sense of peace, calm, comfort, and hope,
helping to alleviate emotional upsets. 

 :

White offers an inner cleansing and purifying of thoughts,
emotions and, ultimately, spirit.

 :

Speaking of inner cleansing, my last post was a doozy of a vulnerable inner cleanse, and if anyone has ideas for navigating a vulnerability hangover (or thirteen), please speak up...I am learning that just like experiencing other emotional states, it is best to simply let it go, allow the hangover to recede before it's time to get wasted again. 

Do you tire of white? Do you like living with it?

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hi Michelle,

    I love white too, and find I always come back to it. Are you familiar with the book, "White by Design"? I believe the author is Bo Niles. It is one of the very first design books I ever purchased. I believe it was published in the '80's, but I still find it timeless.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more heavenly than a room full of whites. The shades, tones, and textures of white are decorating nirvana in my book! Beautiful examples Michele and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of it. Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Michelle! I never tire of white either. It feels clean and uncluttered to me and that is calming and peaceful:). xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!