My Home: Hello Lovely BASEMENT MAKEOVER (1)

February 17, 2011


This is currently what one-half
of our lower level looks like.

In a word: gnarly.
Gnarly in a bad way, not bitchen
like the rad surfers we like totally 
love when we're on vacation. 

I can't stand venturing down here.
Just the narstiest.

The other half (which I refuse to reveal)
is an unfinished space male teens hang
and rehearse with their screamo band.
It has only slightly less gnarl.

We aim to change this.

We've begun tackling the first half...
800 square feet will become a sort of suite with a bath.

I'm designing, and the studly husband
(we'll call him The Norwegian) is executing.
We're a great team and love such projects.
(Full disclosure: we are giddy during the process.)


Workout equipment to be craigslisted.
Future bedroom where enormous Belgian sideboard
now resides (lower cupboards can accomodate
children and of course, they have).
Can you spy The Norwegian?

Ugly. Raw. Gnarlia.


View towards back of the space where bath will be.

I hope to share our progress!
Already the space has been insulated and partially framed.
Stay tuned and do share your best suggestions/ideas!

Peace to you right where you are.


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh, I will not miss this, Michele! I want to see all of your posts about it! I'm excited!!!

    I wish I was handy to take on a big project like that! Good job!!!

    Have a blessed day! :-)

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    Post of the Day: Interior Designer Christina Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend,

    This I can't wait to follow! And you are doing it together - as a great team - how wonderful!

    Glad there is some "Scandinavian" in your daily life!

    Love to you,

    Mon

    P.S Your basement looks like a hotel suite compared to my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic space you've got... and your basement has a window! I love following a project like this, I'm sure you've got fabulous ideas!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does everyone over there have basements? We don't have one but I'm yearning!!!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh if you saw the state of my cellar, you'd realise the palace that that really is! Fantastic space, can't wait to see what you do with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, friend! I'm your newest follower :) You've got so much creativity going on in your blog so can
    you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop?

    This is a combination of linky party (where we can show off our
    creations) and of blog hop (where we can follow as many excellent
    bloggers as we like), hence the name Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
    It's a great way to meet awesome creative bloggers like you and
    increase your followers in the process.

    All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to
    share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes,
    poem, thrift finds, tips, or that informative syndicated post that can
    make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then
    follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first
    with the one before you and after you, and leave a comment to them
    that you're doing so.

    You’re not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined
    to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to
    do so :)

    See you at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!