My Home: Hello Lovely BASEMENT MAKEOVER (3)

March 09, 2011

bedroom #1 - it's huge & that 9' sideboard may have found a home

Have you come for your "lovely fix?"
Uh oh...

The basement makeover saga continues,
and we're glad you're along for the adventure.

Things are looking a bit less gnarly!
Framing is almost done.

If you're just joining us,
the husband and I are tackling 1/2
of our basement--making over 800 square feet
of raw cold nasty into a lovelier space for
our sons (19 and 16) to spend time.


This bathroom will serve the two bedrooms.

Why pocket doors?
We have learned they're a wise way to
capture maximum natural light and conserve space.
Since the bath has no window, the pocket
door serving bedroom #1 will frequently
remain open, allowing in light
from the bedroom's window.


The property is 1.5 acres on the edge of a preserve.

When they're not drawn like magnets to my SUV,
deer, woodland creatures (even foxes!),
and turkey peek into our windows.
Tis a lovely view out there even now when
all is bare and wheat-colored.


Progress!


Remember the raw basement?



Skeletons of the rooms are emerging!

I'm already charmed by this smaller bedroom #2.
It's an interior room with no window,
but my guys actually prefer living as vampires
and TV watching without the glare so it's all good.




Bella Luna will be covered with sawdust
a few more weekends.

A couple inspiring images with details which may become
incorporated into the project:



That door!
Did you read my post about how
we decided to do tongue and groove
on the walls?

Brocade Home

This gothic pattern in one of the bedrooms???

Next step in the project:

E L E C T R I C A L.
so now i must mark where i want outlets
and light fixtures to go...if you have any
great ideas or warnings, i'm all ears.


Thanks for listening.
Feel free to subscribe if the spirit moves you.
New studies reveal doing so instantly increases juggling skill and charisma by 77%!!!

p.s. something fun i wrote for Chic Mom magazine right here.

Peace to you right where you are.


INTERIOR DESIGN

RENOVATION

ART/DESIGN

CREATIVES

DIY

BEAUTY/FASHION

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I am ADDICTED to this daily lovely fix, Michele! It's great to see the basement coming together, it's no longer gnarly!

    Pictures of Bella Luna make me smile every time, I can't wait to have a pooch of my own one day.

    Now, Ms Puff Chatty, your literary wit literally had me in giggles! Riding QWERTY and all that about teenchatdecoder... I learned so much! You are SICK. :-p

    My darling 16-year old emo brother makes much more sense now! (there's a large age gap, he's almost like my kid)

    Oh and I have the same guilty pleasure. INTERNEST! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. M,

    Wow!!!! You're working a lot, huh? And here I'm complaining that I have to paint all the crown moldings/trims around the house. :-) You rock, girl! :-)


    Last nigh I was up until 1 am working around the house, and I felt like talking to you... crazy, huh? I think I was missing coming here! :-)

    Anyways, I'm going back to work. I still need to paint the trims around the windows and the basement.

    Your home and all the work you guys are doing there are inspiring me here!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tackled anything like that - so daunting, yet you seem to have great vision. Love seeing the process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele- Thanks for stopping by :)

    I am VERY curious about this basement reno. We have a basement, which is extremely rare for south Louisiana. Us two Cajuns walk down there and are completely baffled over what to do to make the space more agreeable. As it stands it is a giant storage/ghetto media room/craft/office//den of weirdness, that I'd like to make into 2 bedrooms and one large bath. (1200 sq ft)

    I may email you with questions if that's okay :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's going to look gorgeous and I love the inspirational photo's!
    Thanks for stopping in, love your blog!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifuln Michele,

    I have a very good feel about this project. I think it is going to turn out fabulous! And yes to that door!

    Thank you for your sweet comment about my humble bedroom. You are one of the friendliest people in blog land. I adore you & your style!

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I can confirm that my juggling skills and charisma have risen at least 77% since following your gorgeous blog. Some days it's closer to 80%.

    xxx

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. M,

    Thank you so much for dropping by! We need to chat more one of these days. Really!


    Have a great day, sweetie.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of work! You will love the new space when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a big job. I'm super impressed. It sounds like it's going to be awesome. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that basement is getting a super remodel! I am sure you can't wait till it is complette. I will follow along!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!