My Home: Sacred in the Everyday

March 15, 2011


So so good to see you!
I will be on an adventure this week
so less posting.

What I have in mind is
part business, part pleasure and...
wholly RELAXING and REJUVENATING.

Sometimes we need a departure from the everyday to
empty ourselves,
to breathe,
to learn,
and see our lives
with new eyes.
Ya know?

I do love the everyday though!
Just sweeping my kitchen floor can feel sacred.

My house was my studio as I snapped
images for you with the lovely
of the everyday in mind.

an inspiration board: prayers & encouraging words & vintage



prayer books and vintage rosaries bring peace


the mix makes me happy


'they have counted all my bones' cuts me to the soul


a design magazine and the scent of rosemary? mmm mmmm good.


i wear them


black leather


aging pages are beautiful....


anxiety often finds me at night...i cling to such thoughts...


whilst Sandy clings to my desk lamp.
(why oh why would i identify with this squirrel? shrink away!)


words are my life.

Thanks for listening and sharing
a few simple things I
find so lovely.

Any secrets for finding lovely in your daily life?

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Michele your photography is beautiful. I especially love the 3rd one of all the images. It's so good to look at the things around our home that make us smile. Have a lovely day.

    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your "adventure". Heaven!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and images,thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Hope you are having a peace-filled and beautiful Lent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Elysian? Lucky girl! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time!

    Your photography is beautiful, my lovely. And Sandy is COOL, lol!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your squirrel!! That's so funny that you put that image in there too, amongst the others.

    I like to sit in my garden in the warmer weather. We have a swing seat, and I sit with a cup of tea and listen the birds and pray and think.

    And then I head back into the melee!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I come here, the more I fall in love with you, my friend. You're a really beautiful person.

    Have a great day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous images, they make me feel tranquil just looking at them. As for your little adventure, I'm 13 different shades of green! Hope you have an absolutely fabulous time and be sure to share when you return so we can live vicariously through you...

    Hurry back darlin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele,

    You are one happy & content girl, period!

    Have fun on your little adventure. Take lots of pictures!

    Warmg hugs,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are amazing....love all the black leather and rosaries...

    april
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Thank you so much for reminding me of the joy of the simple things. Bless you, Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle, Beautiful photos! I hope you have a wonderful adventure.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo of the inspiration board :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the photos. I've said it before, but I really love all the catholic pieces as art. I am drawn to them more and more recently.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!