My Home: Hello Lovely Basement Makeover (7)

November 03, 2011


It doesn't look like it,
but we're actually down
the home stretch as far
as this project is concerned!
The flooring is almost complete.
And when I say 'we' that means
my husband. Painting is about all
I can be trusted with.

this is an area of the studio where the piano will be located

A few months ago, we had this:

the space worked for skateboarding & storage

To read about our plans
back in February,

I painted most of the walls white
but decided to let some of the
wood walls breathe without any
treatment at all.




So no paint on the walls of our
college son's new room--he cannot
wait to visit home and check it out.


I'm leaving the closet walls
'sauna like' for fun.
I can always change my mind.


The bathroom has since been painted,
but this gives you an idea of where it is
headed and how the venetino marble mosaic
floor looks (the shower is the same
stone in basic squares--I wanted
very very simple and low cost).


Not sure if this is pre-grout or not cuz
we opted for a grey grout.
I sealed everything a couple times.


I couldn't believe how many options
there were for body spray installation.
In the end, my husband and sons
just decided on what made sense
to them (they are all the same height).


Door on right is pocket door.


Even my childhood piano which I have played
(badly) for as long as my memory goes back
got an update--layers of paint then a soap treatment finish.

I'll share more photos soon as we pull the suite
of rooms together, and I bet you will be surprised
at how much the feel of the space changes
with dark rich flooring.
800 square feet down, just 800 more on the
other side to finish.

Thanks for following!

BTW.
DIY  is highly overrated.
We used to go to movies.
And cook on the weekends.
Feelin me?

Peace to you right where you are.





You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Oh wow, this is looking AMAZING!! It's like a totally different space and I love that you left some of the wood untreated for that scandi-style rustic vibe :)

    And yeah, I do get it! Why do you think it's taken so long for us to complete our kitchen ;) Because on the occasional weekend we have to just give ourselves time to LIVE a bit.

    Can't wait to see how this finishes up but it's honestly looking fab already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic so far! Love all of your choices. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Michele... what a beautiful basement! I would love to have something like that. Love the planked walls and the marble in the bath. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Really, can't wait to see the final product. What a difference. :)

    PS I agree completely about DIY being overated. We just bought a house and I am feeling the same way right now. I am project and painted out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your final "product" will be included in my Knock-Knock series! I already know it! (:

    lovelovelove,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's coming along real well Michele. I say leave the wood panels as it is. It's giving the entire space a very zen like calming effect.

    And btw,yes. I'm also starting to thing similarly. This weekend I shall heed to my gastronomic life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's looking good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking goooooood!! Loving the simplicity of the style yet it's so chic. Love the bathroom tiles! Can't wait to see more!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The space looks amazing Michele and I love that you laid the boards on their sides. I was so laughing at your DYI being overrated but just look at what was accomplished it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really good...is that a sauna or a closet, either way I love how you chose the wood paneling for the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the Love of "Love"! What a transformation!!! I'm soooo impressed! I love the plank walls. They're so great, Michele.

    I can't wait for you guys to enjoy this space!!!

    Have a blessed weekend.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I LOVE a
    project! And this
    is a good-y! Can't
    wait to see how it
    all comes together.
    I really like the look
    of the unpainted and
    painted walls together.

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. don't tease us with these photos -- I want to see MORE! Those tiles in the bathroom are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh it looks gorgeous!! I LOVE the walls and the tile! What a great place that will be to hang out and relax with your family!
    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great space, and you deserve the time to relax it sounds like!!! enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great project! I like the wood walls, nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!