Decor Inspiration: Cozy Minimalism {3 ways}

February 09, 2012

esttine4.jpg

Isn't it intriguing that a passion for
objects, art, or beautiful music
frequently leads to a minimal aesthetic?

1.
Tine K Home
'Cold' colors, scandinavian simplicity,
handmade items, and charming objects
from different cultures combine to create
a warm and cozy atmosphere.



esttine2.jpg

Omg, everything this company does makes me happy.


esttine1.jpg

esttine3.jpg

"It is the contrast between light and dark which creates the style and atmosphere.
Often, the dark colors come from old objects, furniture and carpets from the East.
I like pieces that have history, that are handmade and different,
and that I can't usually find in Denmark." (Tine)

 

2.
Colette Bream
 An American artist who delights in wool,
linen, and whimsy creates a unique pared down
vibe that calms me.

ORGANIC Toddler Bedding set - Sheepy Sheep Sheep -blue sheep print on cream background

Oh the thrill to be transported
to a dreamy place...

Mattress Pad / Play Mat / Nap Mat  (crib / toddler)

fairytale-ish and peaceful,

Star shaped Pillow or cushion - french grey, soft cotton

timeless and understated.

Decorative Pillow - Mrs.Bear - soft knitted pillow - brown, ecru, 18x18, includes insert

Little HOUSE shaped pillow - yellow and brown

Isn't she brilliant...

Decorative Pillow -Flower Queen - soft knitted pillow - cream,green, 18x18, includes insert

and who could resist nap time?




3.
Walk Off the Earth
Treat yourself to the minimalistic beauty of this
music video...with just one guitar and beautiful vocals.
I am not cool enough to discover such magic on my own;
this is courtesy of my son.

I refuse to fling cliches at you like
'less is more' (oops)...
cuz the truth is I think rules
for decor and art are ridiculous.
I'm simply in love with the idea
of composing carefully edited,
thoughtfully powerful, design
and music with raw soul.
How about you?

Peace to you right where you are.



p.s.
My favorite youtube comment for this one:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. These are gorgeous, I so want those sheep sheets! Love simplicity and the video is very interesting, love the vocals but don't feel like puking a rainbow. Maybe I am not listening well enough?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great examples!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just something so stunning about a pale colored vignette in the midst of a cloud of white, Michele. I love those clean, uncluttered rooms! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Seriously, having nothing is such a good thing. I'm a minimalist too...the less the better. Rawness always has its appeal.

    By the way, can i please bury myself in those sheep sheets? HEART them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, wow, Tine K's home is beautifully minimal, and I LOVE Colette's products, so so lovely!

    I love the video, I was introduced to it courtesy of our fab friend Redlilocks. Now that is art in music!!

    Thank you SO much for your wonderful comment on my favourite space, it made me smile lots :)

    Hugs to you, my lovely,
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME VIDEO! Wow... in every way...

    I absolutely love the photo that shows just part of the child with the big gray pillows, it's gorgeous...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need a Tine K lampshade...the ones with the little discs dangling (like the light fitting)...her style is terrific. Also love that Colette Bream bed linen...could count sheep all night...Robx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway one of our dresses on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Chelsea Wakley

    cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ms. M,

    Yes. Anything authentic we love. And unexpected twists. Love the felt bird walking on a string! How funny and adorable!

    Love to you and your family.

    oxox, Mon

    Finally shipped something off...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simplicity at its best and Love the music, so unique and just plain GOOD!!
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such yummy coziness! Love the black lamp shade with the little 'things' hanging off of it! And those sheepie sheets are SO lush for a litt'un!

    And that video is amazing, yes!! I discovered that one myself not to long ago and when the girl comes in, it's just SHAZZAM. Fab.

    Hugs baby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course Gorgeous as usual - but that BAND... OMG... I'm so in love!!!! That was the coolest performance I have EVER seen... seriously! Tell you son thanks! Looks like he has great taste like his darling mom!

    Love ya!
    Des

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, I can never understand how people can play the guitar and sing at the same time. I can not even drive with the radio on...too distracting. All of these images make me want to just go around my house with a big plastic bin and EDIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my {ahem,}
    advancing years,
    I am slowly shedding
    stuff and paring down
    to what I love and
    I find that I breathe
    better this way......ah....!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!