Personal Reflections: Universe and Photographs of the Cosmos

February 05, 2012



It's your trippy friend again...
feelin' slightly energized while
indulging the appetite for daydreaming
about the cosmos and teeny tiny worlds.

Image above:
Alluvial fan, China


split end - human hair

Stilllllllll too lazy to actually study
quantum physics, a technicality which certainly
will not deter me from gushing with awe.

So many lovely galaxies
and subatomic particles.

So little time.


Coahuila - Mexico


red blood cells


Delta region - Netherlands


human egg

Omg, this human egg image gets me every time.


Demini River - NW Brazil


mosquito heart

Ghadamis River - Libya

Can I tickle your brain
and remind you what George Carlin
said about the universe?

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe,
then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low
and settled for very little."

sulfur compound

Whatev.
I prefer to rest my thoughts here:

"A mind at peace,
a mind centered and focused
on not harming others,
is stronger than any physical force
in the universe."
                               --Wayne Dyer

Great Sandy Desert - Australia

"If the whole universe has no meaning,
we should never have found out that it
has  no meaning: just as if there were no light
in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes,
we should never know it was dark.
Dark would be without meaning."
                                                            --C. S. Lewis

Too trippy for a Monday mornin'?

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I love this! The human egg is quite beautiful in all purple hues! Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful images and I thought it was beautiful art. I wonder if I put one on our wall if anyone would know....initeresting thought huh?

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely put it on the wall. i have also toyed with the idea of doing a series of abstract paintings with these as my reference. brings new meaning to 'abstract' i think.

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Trippy"? Not at all.. it put my racing mind to calm down a little. The 1st image gave me goosebumps. This is amazing!!!

    It would be great seeing your interpretation of one of these pictures.

    Have a blessed week, M.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, not too trippy at all... just breathtakingly beautiful! The images are stunning and humble me. I have some very strong feelings on our planet, faith, etc. and these images remind me to stay true to who I am and what I believe to be true! Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needed this post to get me going! Those colors - WOW! I could look at these images all day and just study... but who has time... right?
    Loving the C. S. Lewis quotes

    much love,
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! That so much to ponder yet love in this post! That last image is incredible!
    Thanks for the mom-in-you and bloggy bud comment on my paintings, I needed that!
    xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly trippy! Framing that Human Egg photo is a must. Absolutely out of this world amazing.

    Happy day to you. Did Ylva inspire or not?

    oxoxo, M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not trippy...beautiful. Love the human egg image!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always LOVE your trippy images! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What incredible images. I could so see this going on exhibit, Michelle! Seriously you are onto something. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every image is more interesting that the one before! I specially loved the one from my country (Mexico)

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay! WHOAAA. This is trippy. So, very very trippy :) The human egg got me too. Imagine a printed sarong like the great sandy desert of australia?

    Wouldn't that make you make a while by the sea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...amazing images...the blood cells...the human egg...the mosquito heart...makes me realise we walk around with our heads up our...(you know what)...there's so much amazing stuff out there...not too trippy at all...my head's spinning! Robx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome... I love these posts.

    There is so much beauty in the Universe, thank you for the reminder xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa...is that really what my split ends look like! These images are pretty incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!