Around Chicago: Randolph Street Market

February 07, 2012


On Saturday, it was a pleasure to be invited
to award red ribbons to my favorite items at
Randolph Street Market's
Winter Market.
The venue in Chicago was so cool!
The first ribbon (see it?) went to this metal stool from a dairy.


Then this super sexy industrial cart got one...
the scale of the piece was incredible!



View of the ballroom filled with vintage clothing
and unique, high quality antiques.



Isn't this mural inside the old Plumber's Supply
building incredible?



Another red ribbon for Paper Patty's
texturerich french books...only 5 bucks and fabulous.




And red ribbons for not at all shabby or old stuff.
Incredible fashion for a steal from Chicago designer
Nora Del Busto.
This former lawyer makes incredible wardrobe pieces
such as this champagne hued shift dress that easily
earned a red ribbon from me.


Nora's millenium coat was too incredibly luxe to ignore...
Red Ribbon time!


Wanted to take these winning
old ladder shelves home
with me, and recalling this image
makes me regret not springing
for a couple of gym baskets...ya know?

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. OK, I am incredibly jealous that you knew about this and I didn't. This is gorgeous! (I want those ladder shelves too.) When is the next market? I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, there's a reason you live in the USA and me in oh, Canada! Cuz you see, if I were there and joined you on this little excursion, I'D STILL BE THERE! Oh, my...goodness! Thanks for the eye candy! Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele!

    I was there all day on Sunday and the shelves and baskets are in my friend Sumaya's booth! I went down there just to buy galvanized olive buckets from her and her sweet hubby Brian.
    They are the best!

    It was such a fun sale and my friend tried that ivory dress on too! You have such great taste.
    :)

    Wish I had bumped into you but you were probably there on Saturday or even Friday night? The ribbons were already placed long before Sunday. I judged once too!

    So much fun.
    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun and just think you got to see everything before everyone else...right? Still sounds like a lot of fun!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of lovely here indeed! love those gym baskets and i do believe that is the same vendor i have bought mine from in the past.
    we will have to go to the market in the spring or summer together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please take me along next time you go...this is paradise.
    Love the stool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love things like this and am totally like a kid in a candy shop. That mural is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This, to me, is a perfect day out :) I could very happily while away a day or two looking through these beautiful antiques. How exciting that you got to award red ribbons, and you've chosen very worthy items! I would've also taken those ladder shelves home!

    Hugs to you pretty lady,
    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always imagine life in America is one gorgeous market like this after another!! There seem to be an endless stream of incredible markets...and I am SOOOO jealous!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous pieces! I'd have a hard time leaving there without buying anything as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michele what a fun day and place to shop!! You should have purchased those Gym baskets they are totally cool. I hate when I have non-buyers remorse!! Maybe next time, sweetie,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, they sure picked
    a
    WINNING
    judge to
    award red ribbons to!

    Looks like one amazing
    market....

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!