Decor Inspiration: Belgian Style in It's Complicated

November 04, 2012

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen

Thanks for sharing in my joy as I share
highlights from our Paris trip--you're the best!

I'll share more inspiration, but we don't want Paris
burnout or to ignore all the other lovely, oui?
* * *
Years later, I'm still loving the set
interiors for "It's Complicated"
and have compiled images for sweet fall
decor which has a decidedly 'undecorated' vibe.

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen 


So simple and pretty.


imageimage result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage living room

Lots of neutrals and pops of orange.


image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage front yard

Dude! Can you imagine calling this cottage home?
 image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage living room

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen



image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage bedroom


image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen



image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage potting shed

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage

image result for It's Complicated movie Meryl Streep in farmhouse cottage kitchen


Any details thrilling you here?

Pace to you right where you are.

source: most images via the gorgeous cote de texas




You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Hi M!

    So sweet to hear from you!!! I love this place. The real house is for sale. I've made a post about it. Did you see it??

    I got the link if you want to take a look: http://www.homebunch.com/its-complicated-house-for-sale/

    I love the movie one better than the real house, but the location is outstading!

    I'm happy to hear you had a great time in Paris... Oh la la!

    Lots of love to you,


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more...I have always absolutely adored this set! It's so simple & understated, yet cozy cottage perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a truly beautiful home!! i've never seen the movie but I feel like I have to now simply for the interior design on the set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this not the greatest house? I love the kitchen, the terra cotta roof tiles, and the chest in the bedroom. I will have a marble top table in the kitchen before it is over!
    Than you for sharing, sweet Michele, and have a Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous home and I especially love the welcoming kitchen - loved the film too!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look....simple, rustic, and chic......

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite movie homes, ever. Makes me want to pick up and move to Santa Barbara! I love the exposed wood beams and pops of color against a mostly neutral background.

    Thanks for keeping us disciplined and savoring the Paris details - not gobbling them up all at once like Halloween candy!

    Hope you have a lovely week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. So chic and lovely - the pops of orange really make it for me! And to have a potting area... divine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow the interiors are just lovely!! gorgeous home wish this could be mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's NOT to like?!?!?!?! franki

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will never tire of looking at the kitchen! It's gorgeous.

    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this house because it's so "undecorated". I love the metal windows, exterior, kitchen (of course) and the bedroom. But I find it all quite cozy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with it all. Yet another movie I purchased so I could watch it over and over again admiring the gorgeous interiors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the open floor plan, Michele! Rustic mixed with femine, dark with light, and a little French thrown in = Perfection! *sigh....*!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I may have to rent this movie again just for the decor... is that weird??
    So nice to have your visit to my blog too!
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! A fav movie and some fav snaps.
    I love her kitchen in the movie and her profession too. I wish I was Meryl Streep :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. not weird at all...i always find inspiration when i watch this movie!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So FAB! I love the uncluttered clutter, is that such a thing? I wish I could achieve something like this! The multiple organized stacks of books, the extra throws, and the abundance of pillows - I wish I was clever enough to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this movie and the photos of the home are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i feel like one of the elements about this home so many of us respond to is the live-ability in such a place. we see meryl cooking, feeding people, snuggling, hosting, gardening, bathing, etc. it's not a group of pretty collection of objects for others to admire and envy. it's a backdrop for love.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!