Main Street Market {hometown hero}

June 08, 2014



It has been a very long time since I have been this excited
about a beautifully executed event in my town of
Rockford, Illinois, and THIS IS IT:
Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market!



Urban Farmgirl
is my favorite shop in town for obvious reasons:
it exudes happy
it evolves monthly
it brims with creativity
it breathes life and energy
into all who gather here.




So when Farmgirl Mary planned this May 10, 2014 event
known as Main Street Market at Midway Village Museum,
I could not wait to invite friends to come shop
amazing vendors from the heartland and beyond.


My new friends
Lynda of Oh So Shabby
and Michele of  Our Rosy Life came
along with my sister of Ciao Bosom
and so many other shoppers
across the country seeking
vintage, handmade,
and the unexpected.

What did we buy? Tons of goodies.
Topiaries, galvanized tins, one of a kind jewelry
and knits from Mona Lindvall and GlissKnits.






What this market brought to Rockford
is nothing short of miraculous.



And I even got to ambush Laura of
The Ironstone Nest who was there
conducting a Miss Mustard Seed
milk paint demo! 

The vendors at Main Street were some of the finest
I have encountered...not just in terms of
styling/staging/merching but spirit-wise,
perhaps that is a natural consequence of
scoring the royal motherlode of cash.
(I witnessed no haggling whatsoever
since prices were so friendly and sensible.)

Everyone shopping had arms full of
beautiful vintage treasures,
and the location at the museum
is such a genius match for the event that I am not
exaggerating when I report no frowns
or negative energy was to be found
on the grounds...in fact, I hereby declare Hello Lovely
the happy police for Main Street Market
and will uphold the happy law at all future dates!

Ever heard such a rosy report about a simple
but brilliantly organized market?


I stopped into Front Porch Mercantile,
one of Main Street Market's vendors shortly
after its booming success and picked the owner's
brain about the behind the scenes magic which
led to such a successful venture.
(The shop is located at 101 W. Main St., Rockton, IL.)


She mentioned the tight restrictions in place for vendors
and how this kept the quality so very high and special.
I will be sharing more beauty shortly on the blog
from this oh so lovely new shop
Front Porch Mercantile,
one of my favorite local stops for unique finds.




I will keep you vintage/market/handmade/art/design enthusiasts
informed about the next date of of
Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market
so we can make a party of it, oui??????
I intend to meet hundreds of you there for
squeezes and kisses (perhaps as a vendor myself?)
but more importantly, so you may discover
for yourselves this sparkling gem
of a fresh and happy new market
right here in Rockford, Illinois.

Wanna come?

Peace to you right where you are



p.s.
I connected with THE urban farmgirl several times
in the last few weeks, and she is the most humble
and brilliant and gorgeous woman who listened
to my gushing and opinions without running
away or blogging about psycho stalking
locals with messy blonde hair.




You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Michele,
    WOW thanks for posting about this. Sure wish I could attend, but now I'm off to check out all the links you provided in your post.
    Happy Sunday!
    xo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fortunate to have such great vendors and market in your area. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep in mind vendors travel from faraway lands for this special market! and we are more than happy to welcome them to rockford.

      Delete
  3. How fun! I love it.....and pictures are magazine worthy. Hope you are doing great Michele, feel very behind in blogland lately....between many senior events for my son and my knee injury I am working hard to play catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope that knee heals sooner than later, tina. don't sweat it about blogland. summer time means outdoor unplugged time for most of us bloggers! :)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing!!! I would love to visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you must visit the Laurent House while in rockford. i'll happily tour it with you.

      Delete
  5. That looks like so much fun wish I could be there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll keep everyone posted about the date of the next as i would love to organize a blog meet!

      Delete
  6. You had so much fun with the looks of it !
    And I noticed Joy From savvy city farmers in the back ground of one of your photos.
    So, what treasures will you be placing in your beautiful home?

    See you soon :))

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. i met joy recently. we bought topiaries from her. i also scored galvanized pails and assorted whimsy items. :)

      Delete
  7. OUI!! I'm in! This looks so fun Michele. Thanks for taking us along:):) xxL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bloggers interested in coming to the next one can shack up at my place, oui?

      Delete
  8. Visiting Mary's store and/or this
    delightful market are both on my
    list! Are you near Rockford? I
    visited another fun market at
    Nada Farms a few times, but
    now the farm is sold, so must
    set my sites on a new venue.
    Maybe in the fall?

    Thanks for the delicious
    peek!!!

    xo S

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!